The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shakespeare Raceway (Warwick) Season Opener April 2nd/3rd

scotty71

Really really fast :D

Auto's are the king of drag strips, you need a lot more power in a 6 speed supra to beat an auto down the drag strip.

Mines only really really fast from a rolling start thats why i dont drag, like i say one day when the box is in there ;)

I hate 0mph starts due to lag of the auto transmission on the single :(

Or if i can borrow my bros 6 speed manual :)

Or if it was a rolling start i d be doing it lol

*Anyway like Scotty says lets get back to people putting there names down the the event :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines only really really fast from a rolling start thats why i dont drag, like i say one day when the box is in there ;)

I hate 0mph starts due to lag of the auto transmission on the single :(

Or if i can borrow my bros 6 speed manual :)

All you need to do is install LAUNCH CONTROL.

Or if it was a rolling start i d be doing it lol

*Anyway like Scotty says lets get back to people putting there names down the the event :)

All you need to do is install LAUNCH CONTROL.

Install launch control and get rid of the slow start ;), get some 17s on the rears and rip out the ice to get some good times ;)

All depends what you think 'good times' are :D

15" unstead of 17" make more sense

There is a lot less to go wrong running an auto up the strip,for a 1/4mile virgin don't worry about not having a 'proper' gear box :p :innocent:

Ok, here goes

My mass increases at relativistic speeds

My back is playing up

Saturn is wrongly aligned with Neptune on that day

My Mum isn't around to get me dressed on that day

It has to be exactly 17.998 degrees Celcius

Lmao :D

My excuse is that I've not had a go at drag racing.

Also I don't own the car yet..

;)

Im in , Scotty we will have to race this time , We will have to make sure all the supra line up something like together so we can be asked to be paired up for the strip . But im not racing jamiep he has to be at least 10 cars back from all of us at all times :)

1. JamieP (drag king)

2. dnk (just old)

3. scotty71 (drag queen) or so ive been told ,hmm - All Weekend

4. Josh (posh)

5. SupraHuman (the islander)

6. TonytotheB

7. antony lacey

8. Richarde7927

Rich.

Oh man, like no other.

I should hopefully be getting it next weekend. When I do I think I might arrange a mini meet to come meet you guys :)

I know mate. A TT6 too. There will be a short amount of time where I hate you, but I'll get over it haha :)

I'd be up for a mini meet mate. I have a little brake problem at the moment, but nothing that would stop me venturing down. I usually wander down and meet the Chesterfield guys. Where are you based? Most Supras will be tucked up nicely in garages being read to each night. Mine isn't :)

I know mate. A TT6 too. There will be a short amount of time where I hate you, but I'll get over it haha :)

I'd be up for a mini meet mate. I have a little brake problem at the moment, but nothing that would stop me venturing down. I usually wander down and meet the Chesterfield guys. Where are you based? Most Supras will be tucked up nicely in garages being read to each night. Mine isn't :)

Lol cool man :D

I'm in Halesowen but I'll travel to wherever, I'll just want to drive everywhere! I'll let you all know (believe me, you'll know!) when I get it then I'll arrange something.

Bit drunk now so back to the beer!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As one has dropped out due to wrapping into some armco 7 now remain... :D

7!!! thats pretty p!$$ poor to be honest and only 6 weeks to go till Sat 2nd April...

Participating may not be for everyone *cough* wil-ko bros :D but lets get some names down.

Are the magnificent 7 still attending??

scottmeister