The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tt engine

Parry_10

come to think of it no it isnt, it doesnt have the bulge, thanks for your correction:)

In that case the swap to a non-VVTi lump will be a much easier, they're pretty much plug and play aside from a couple of plug changes and obviously the ECU swap. The VVTi has benefits, but doing a swap to one is a royal PITA.

In that case the swap to a non-VVTi lump will be a much easier, they're pretty much plug and play aside from a couple of plug changes and obviously the ECU swap. The VVTi has benefits, but doing a swap to one is a royal PITA.

That said it is possible, been there done one! But purely because we had a complete VVTi car to start with. It was basically to put it bluntly, A COMPLETE swap! Would cost a fortune unless you could get a VVTi car together and swap the entire lot.

ok so i need tt loom and ecu, throttle cable, rev counter, intercooler and intake+exhaust... anything anyone want to add?

Yes, quite a few bits. You don't need the rev counter though. It has a 1st decat fitted so you don't need any other exhaust parts.

I assume the current car is an NA auto and you are installing a TT engine and TT auto box?

The turbo side of that engine looks pretty mangled. It's going to need a fair bit of work to check it all out. I'm not wishing to sound condescending, but are you doing this yourself and do you have good enough knowledge to know what to look for?

You'll also ideally need to replace the diff with a TT auto LSD, the NA one is a shorter ratio so will mess up the final drive.

Out of interest, how much is this engine going for? It'd need to be pretty darn cheap to make it worth while (unless you are chaning to a single conversion or are rebuilding anyway)

mines a na 5 speed mate and i can get this engine for 750 delivered with 30 day warranty probs could get abit more knocked off now people have point out a few things, and I would be tempted to use it for a single build but wouldnt want to re build the engine as ive done that before and i just really cant be bothered with all the hastle of it

There's a thread here with a step by step guide, unfortunately the pictures have been lost :( http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?136136

The 5spd swap will be easier that an auto one. The main concerns then run back to the engine condition and the broken parts. From what I can see you'll need a new loom, ECU, intercooler & pipework, induction pipes, plus replacements turbo pipework, vac lines, etc. Add service items (at least £200 worth). The hit on that first turbo pipe is the bit that worries me, it could have cracked all sorts of things.

Is the PAS reservoir included? Can't see it in the pics. How about basics like AC pipes, the missing pulleys, viscous fan, etc.. Is there more included that in the pics? The price of the engine is pretty good, but it's a bit of a risk and could work out very expensive if it's a bad one.

no pas resevoir inc didnt realise you needed to change that... i think ac pipes come with it but missing pulleys and fan probably not but im guessing a fan and pulleys wouldnt be too bad to find and i want to change the pulleys to alloy ones as those ones look abit 'worn' and rusty. but if it comes with warranty then im thinking it must be a good running engine

Looks a dog mate, I'd speak to jurgen, I paid £600 delivered for my engine minus the turbos and inlet loom etc, it did have a new cambelt, tensioner new idlers, water pump look new so did the oil pump! It's only done 97k. Km also ...

That's what mine looked like, it may work out more expensive by a tad if you've got to get turbos inlet etc but at least you know that it's going to be sound.