The mkiv Supra Owners Club

t88 is sold...bw 91-79 or precision 6765

Bailey.

Either turbo will be better than the T88 but nowhere as good as the latest DBB Billet wheels, you get what you pay for.

For the extra $1000 is there anything to gain with overall power, or is it purely the extra 400-500 rpm of powerband you pay the extra for?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That will be fine and I personally would go with that Turbo or maybe a 6262, the BB is nice but I doubt you will notice much difference.

I have considered the 6262 but if I do go built next year I don't think I will have much room to push anymore power out of it! If I'm honest the only thing putting me off the precision is the delay! But it may have to be!

• 2 weeks later...

Still need some help with this one guys, all the parts from whifbitz have been posted and now have the biggest decision to make! I have scanned here and also supraforums nite after nite, and no, "oh that is defo the best turbo for you" answer. One thing I have been thinking about is how often am I really going to be able to stretch her legs? Not that often, so you think get a smaller turbo that will make less power and better spool, but then I'm looking at traction issues surely when it comes on hard?

Somedays I just think do it, go for the 6765h bb and be done with it, surely the best power/spool turbo on the Market without a dought, but Christ they come on sooo hard traction is crazy!

Somedays I just think do it, go for the 6765h bb and be done with it, surely the best power/spool turbo on the Market without a dought, but Christ they come on sooo hard traction is crazy!

If you are worried about traction a good ecu like syvecs can help, boost can be controlled to come in gently and rise as the revs do if thats what you want, mapping will cost a bit more as it will take longer to setup, you can also have gear dependant boost, id rather the hard hit myself.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

If you are worried about traction a good ecu like syvecs can help, boost can be controlled to come in gently and rise as the revs do if thats what you want, mapping will cost a bit more as it will take longer to setup, you can also have gear dependant boost, id rather the hard hit myself.

Mate Ive been up around you roads and there great, plenty of places to go, just not the same down here, maybe once I get it all done a few track days would be recommended to get used to it on a wider/larger environment, what do you think? Jamie did you have any reliability issues with your 6765?

I'm hoping someone will try the GTX35R, if you believe the marketing spiel it promises to make similar power to a 67mm dbb turbo with the response of a 61mm dbb turbo.

I'm hoping someone will try the GTX35R, if you believe the marketing spiel it promises to make similar power to a 67mm dbb turbo with the response of a 61mm dbb turbo.

I know what your saying nic, but it's alot of cash to spend and regret it in the long run, what is the retail on the 35?

Hmm. I've promised myself that 2011 will be my Supra renaissance year, and I'm planning some loving and some refreshes to it. The idea of T67 power with T61DBB spool interests me :)

Maybe I'll have to break out the datalogger again!

Hmm. I've promised myself that 2011 will be my Supra renaissance year, and I'm planning some loving and some refreshes to it. The idea of T67 power with T61DBB spool interests me :)

Maybe I'll have to break out the datalogger again!

That's the spirit :) Standalone ECU as well?

That's the spirit :) Standalone ECU as well?

I could get Ryan to chuck in one of his faves I spose, although I'll feel a bit of a traitor to e-manages :D He's sorted out the knock control and safety things so much now though, I think it'd let me relax and enjoy caning the car more.