The mkiv Supra Owners Club

davej705 bodywork

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks tough, change those front lights to facelift. Another to be on my favoirite list now

I do like facelift fronts but not sure what I'm going go to yet.

Ive never liked a front bumper other than the stock one but thats the first bumper thats made me think twice about changing the stock one!

Excellent work guys

That was my thinking aswell,did consider fitting a splitter to the stock bumper then saw this was like stock on a steroids and that was that. Going to get some ridox side skirts and that'll be it for bodywork.

Will be back to rob in the spring for a full engine bay spray job before the build.

My plate falls off all the time ;), only been pulled once on it, showed the officer the plate in the back with the roll of numberplate double sided adhesive tape, then moved quickly on to him oogling the car :D

Good idea I will do that,double sided tape idea will work a treat if stopped.

Looking forward to getting the car back and fitting new suspension and big brakes now

Working till monday!

LOL you going to be ok with that dave? dont want you over worked and all. Someone come and pick me up so i can see it.

:) I have been working too much lately but got things to pay for,with Xmas here,new business started with a pal and of course the supe I need to be earning the readies. Day off Monday hopefully!

I suspect Rob is refering to how close the bumper is to the ground, Thats the trouble with aftermarket front bumpers, if you want the tyres to arch gap to look right the bumper is to close to the floor, looks good all the same.

How much is yours lowered? Did lowering improve handling In your opinion?

Looking at the pics I think 20mm drop at the front will be fine as long as I avoid speedbumps,which I don't mind.

Im not sure, with the CW kit it was very low, id suspect about 50-60mm lower than stock, now its maybe 40mm id guess, with regards to handling its hard to say, its always felt pretty good to me no matter what ive done, i mainly drive on the street though so dont push it that hard in the bends.