The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stranger going for 1000bhp

JakeG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on the 3.6L stoker TBH :blink: but someone should really let him know that the fan blade is broken. Cant be good for the cooling at all. ;)

Cooling will be the least of his problems when he spins that up on a dyno think how out of balance it will be, can't see the point of a 4" TB and 3" pipe, but good luck to the guy, don't knock him unless he is full of shite !!!!!!

well not to flame, but merely make a few suggestions..

vac lines not secured, silcon couplers held on with jublee style clips, an oil line running close to an unlagged/coated turbo exhaust housing, steel braid or not, it wont last long and thats a major fire waiting to happen.

But my biggest concern is the fact, the car is running NO upper or lower timing covers, it just takes 1 small stone to end that engines life..

But my biggest concern is the fact, the car is running NO upper or lower timing covers, it just takes 1 small stone to end that engines life..

Or fan blade fragment :innocent:

There's lots of things in that engine bay that point at a shoddy or poorly planned build, which makes me think this is a long way from the claimed HP. On top of what's been pointed out already, the water cooling lines for the turbo are plumbed in the wrong way round. The boost reference for the BOV is taken from the compressor, it should be from the inlet manifold.

Not flaming of course, just saying what I see.

well not to flame, but merely make a few suggestions..

vac lines not secured, silcon couplers held on with jublee style clips, an oil line running close to an unlagged/coated turbo exhaust housing, steel braid or not, it wont last long and thats a major fire waiting to happen.

I am surprised he hasn't seen you guys! You guys should have a license who states that all Supra's in Ireland can be modified by you guys only! :D - OP I think you should mention some of the points raised here. They are pretty valuable and he might not be aware.

There's lots of things in that engine bay that point at a shoddy or poorly planned build, which makes me think this is a long way from the claimed HP. On top of what's been pointed out already, the water cooling lines for the turbo are plumbed in the wrong way round. The boost reference for the BOV is taken from the compressor, it should be from the inlet manifold.

I agree, there will be an exception to every rule, but on the whole, look at a 1000bhp engine bay & it'll show a class build, I hate to judge a book by it's cover but this looks like a shite affair

Well spotted, that dump valve wont work at all plumbed in there. :)

To turn from doubter as the original first poster on the fan etc to a defender for a minute, when I brought my first Supra (A T78 Single Du Luck kitted Auto) I was told a lot of "jazz" about the car and after coming from a Scooby to a single turbo it felt as fast as hell, I would have believed anything, a dangerous thing buying a car with your heart not your head, I still do it to some degree, I just negotiate better :D

He may well have been told it is/has 1000BHP potential, a certain GT Cars was doing this all the time a few years back as some of us know, I hope he has a great car and it is a good performer, I know it will not make a consistent 1000BHP, lets hope he did not pay 1000BHP money for it

I am surprised he hasn't seen you guys! You guys should have a license who states that all Supra's in Ireland can be modified by you guys only! :D - OP I think you should mention some of the points raised here. They are pretty valuable and he might not be aware.

i know what you mean :) TBH there are plenty of capable tuners over here, we just keep our heads down and do our own thing.

i just see a lot of flaws there that may effect daily driving and could prove costly to the owner, not mention the countless others that will hinder it making any sort of big power which have been also pointed out by others.

and did i mention that fan looks a bit damaged?

Sorry to say but it's gonna take alot to beat John curistans evo which is running 1040bhp and won ten of the best getting a 9.2 1/4 mile also the evo weights a fraction of the supra

however I'll be at the strip tomorrow (no supra) but racin the yamaha banshee so I'll get a good look around this car

edit the fan blade is broke haha I have amazing eye sight

The boost reference for the BOV is taken from the compressor, it should be from the inlet manifold.

Good spot. :thumbs:

The way the BOV has been plumbed onto the IC pipe is odd, rather than mounting the BOV directly onto a weld on flange, it still has the boss attached - the one that locates it in stock BOV position - which is then left hanging there connected to the IC pipe by a hose.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Sorry to say but it's gonna take alot to beat John curistans evo which is running 1040bhp and won ten of the best getting a 9.2 1/4 mile also the evo weights a fraction of the supra

Another non-impressive 1000hp+car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=158799&highlight=sec&page=20

9.52 1/4 mile. Give him 1040 and he would show the evo a thing or 2.

Well lads the guy didn't turn up, wasn't expecting him to like, mabye he seen this thread and ran off lol but anyway I will keep an eye out for this car and if it springs up again i will keep you all posted!

Next time you see him might be worth mentioning his fan blade is broken ....

The other side of the coin however is as i found at TOTB you can see any damage to the timing belt, mine had a slice 1/3 of the way across that we would never have seen with the covers on, on a day to day driver it may be a bit risky though, almost every cosworth we see runs like that!!!!!!