The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet vent options on OEM bonnet

hemmjonny

R888's are reasonable in the wet at best, seems a funny pair of tyres to be choosing between?

Too much, either vents or UK,

Well I had T1R's on my last supra and they are spot on in wet and the dry. With my new one I want the most grip I can get as it will not have TC so its between them because I know T1R's are good but all the guy's with high power are using r888's.

Yup your right it don't look right think I will go with the UK scoop :)

not black and non stock bumper, but heres mine, if i was going to do it again i would look at a hybrid of some of the JGTC stuff some of the bonnets on those cars look superb, i find all the TRD types (mine included) a bit done to death as they're all variations of basically the same theme

prom 008.jpg

Thats looks good :)

not black and non stock bumper, but heres mine, if i was going to do it again i would look at a hybrid of some of the JGTC stuff some of the bonnets on those cars look superb, i find all the TRD types (mine included) a bit done to death as they're all variations of basically the same theme

I do like that. Bet that took a lot of work. Think i am going to go with the UK scoop :)

T1r is a every day performance road tyre. They are good I have them but you can't compare them to the r888 which are essentially a road legal slick or trackday tyre, I wouldn't want to use them in the wet much

Thanks for the info mate :) Think i will try the T1R's first and see how they cope as it rains all the time

TRD vents are the way to go or the uk air scoop, most other vents that are cut into the stock bonnet dont look right to me and think there done the way they are to avoid the framework on the underside.

If you cut the TRD vents into an o/e bonnet i think you have to go through the frame work so its much more involved.

p_gt3000-u.jpg

TRD vents are the way to go or the uk air scoop, most other vents that are cut into the stock bonnet dont look right to me and think there done the way they are to avoid the framework on the underside.

If you cut the TRD vents into an o/e bonnet i think you have to go through the frame work so its much more involved.

Spot on, cutting a stock to trd would be a nightmare as you would have to make sure they where the same, the bonnet cuts like mine and mattH and jamie are between the frame work so you have templates to cut to.