Well everyone

speedophile

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uk spec autos are fantastic cars to drive, but as Dunk said this one could well be a money pit. They can take enormous mileage if cared for though, I know of a similar spec car that I wouldn't hesitate to buy that has well over 200k on it, but has been pampered it's whole life.

At that price though, even if you had a major problem with it, you'd be able to make your money back breaking it.

I have never had an auto before I got my TT in January. I will make it easy for you

Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth - 320 bhp - Owned 8/04 - 8/08 - Loved it

Supra J Spec Auto TT BPU - 400 BHP - truely awesome, love driving it 10 times more :D

Sounds good mate, I can't wait to view this baby today

How can you tell if there is play on the gears in a automatic and If it was a case the engine or auto was going what sort of money would it cost to replace these from a breakers also are they hard to source

There should be no play in the gears, when the box changes even under heavy acceleration it should hardly be noticable that its changed, there very smooth with no delay between the changes either.

Pull the autobox dipstick out and look at the fluid on it, it should be a nice cherry red colour.

You can't buy a new full engine from Toyota, only a short block with crank, rods and pistons, the rest you need to buy and build seperately including the cylinder head.

Most engines in breakers yards will be J specs so a few slight differances, same goes for the autobox but think you can still buy this built from Toyota.

It all depends on what else has been done to the car, heres a picture of receipts from Toyota for parts my cars had.

Some of the major parts i've replaced

Radiator

Heater Matrix

Aircon Rad

Diff Cooler

Intercooler

Valve stem Seals

Brake Calipers

Wishbones

Suspension Dampers

Coil Packs

Coil Pack connectors

dunk sale pics 003.jpg

Did they do you seperate invoices for each valve stem oil seal and coil pack clip etc? must be 40+ invoices for 'minor' things :))

It all depends on what else has been done to the car, heres a picture of receipts from Toyota for parts my cars had.

Some of the major parts i've replaced

Radiator

Heater Matrix

Aircon Rad

Diff Cooler

Intercooler

Valve stem Seals

Brake Calipers

Wishbones

Suspension Dampers

Coil Packs

Coil Pack connectors

Its a very impressive bunch of invoices :) , wouldn't have a problem buying a car from you :) Not wanting to hijack the thread but how much were the carpets?

:D

Some items invoiced were me just changing things that werent broken, such as new cockpit carpet and boot carpet, new floor mats along with coolant, oil filters, airfilters, discs, brake pads etc etc.

These are over a period of 11 yrs;)

Its a very impressive bunch of invoices :) , wouldn't have a problem buying a car from you :) Not wanting to hijack the thread but how much were the carpets?

Thanks, i've tried to look after it the no exspense spared route :)

Latest retail prices from Toyota are

Boot carpet £169 inc vat

Cockpit carpert £587 inc vat

This is for a black facelift carpet and they wont give you much discount of either, not even 10%:(

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Ive never driven the auto but its been said its one of the best auto boxes out there

Got mine and loving it. It goes like a rocket too...:D

Welcome Speedo, you may want to change your user name. You are either cockney rhyming slang for a kiddy fiddler or a set of budgie smugglers.....either way it's not endearing....;)

H.

Lol I have that username for years so I can't really drop it... The viewing is put off until tomorrow lads as a fella wanted to come down tonight to buy two off my GT4s.. So now that's out of the way I am free to get a supra... Roll on tomorrow

More pics of your other GT4 while were waiting :innocent:

Did you make a build thread, would be a good read :thumbs:

More pics of your other GT4 while were waiting :innocent:

Did you make a build thread, would be a good read :thumbs:

I have a build thread on celicaIreland.com were i am a moderator of my red gt4 but it is all looks no power, it's only pushing 240bhp .. I have a fully forged engine waiting to go into another gt4 I have, it's getting a full overhaul from front to back and should be pushing around 450bhp, still decideing on colour for the respray .. That's my winter project so i am in the process of stripping my red one as I have got board of it.. I sold one of my White gt4s tonight And the bloke is wild interested in my red one so he will be back.. I haves lots of pics but they are nothing to look at as the red one is my baby

Stupid super strut, £1600 to replace each side every 90,000 miles , it can be a pain in the ass... They are a great car other than that and they hold the road like glue, I have had alot of celicas over the past couple of years it's now time to try something different

Could be worse, the suspension 'spheres' (complex arm arrangement) on an NSX apparently cost the best part of £10k to put right :blink:

I wouldn't be put off buying a Celica because of this issue, although I would try and find a car that has already had it done recently, with documentation to back it up.

Bloody fast cars once you get over past 300 odd hp.

Lovely GT4, i have a supra & an St205 &enjoy driving them both, they are both money pits but if you're like me & do all the work on them yourself they are worth every penny. The car you are looking at seems a bargain im sure the cheapest over here would be almost twice that, if you do your own mechanics its a no brainer to me

Yeah mate I do most of the work myself so that does save cost big time... I alway loved the gt4's but always wanted a supra... The gt4 I am working on will be a keeper for life when finished and I hope someday I will do a full overhaul on a supra...

The seller says there's a little rust on the bottom the bottom inner passenger door and there's rust on some stone gaurds under the spare wheel, is this common on the supras lads, as I know the doors on the gt4 have the same problem with age