Ricky49 Precision Billet 6765SP Single Turbo Conversion Build

Ricky49

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still making power at the redline, id raise the rev limit to 7700rpm and put the boost up to 2.3 bar.

Your the devil on my right shoulder mate. Dont know whether to uprate my rod bolts just to add a bit of security. I know what you say about Reid but i dont have any spare engines now if it lets go.

It is a risk but you dont use it much, id be more inclined to fit L19 head studs than rod bolts.

If you want reliable leave it as is.

I want a bit more out of it and yes it doesnt get out much couple of thousand miles a year if that.

I thought the rods bolts were the weak link?

The stock rod bolt stretch which leads to a rod through the block.

It's a weak point at 750hp + and also high rpm but some have run both with no problems, it's just were they become an issue.

Tbh though alot depends on tune and usage.

The stock rod bolt stretch which leads to a rod through the block.

It's a weak point at 750hp + and also high rpm but some have run both with no problems, it's just were they become an issue.

Tbh though alot depends on tune and usage.

What are your thoughts then Lee

What are your thoughts then Lee

I would say its always a risk but with Ryan mapping and the way you use the car which is fairly sensible, you could push more and see how it goes. It's a good healthy engine.

I would deffinatly go for a dbb version of the turbo you have though, get it spooling lower down the rev range. That will make it feel quicker as well, add a bit more boost and you will have an insane power band.

I would say its always a risk but with Ryan mapping and the way you use the car which is fairly sensible, you could push more and see how it goes. It's a good healthy engine.

I would deffinatly go for a dbb version of the turbo you have though, get it spooling lower down the rev range. That will make it feel quicker as well, add a bit more boost and you will have an insane power band.

Ok bud its a plan, will bring the cash round next time im passing at a reasonable hour.

New turbo is on order PT 6766 CEA, capable of 900hp ish on supra applications.

I will be aiming for the same amount power at a lower boost hopefully but the main reason is to get it spooling earlier. Can't wait now this might fix my little blip in my power search.