The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adopt a Drifter!!!!

dude

My work here is done!!!!:)

Gaz its now down to you to organize a Drift fund for ash, im sure you have ideas on how to do it.

And ASH if you let me down and don't win something next year the drift world will be missing one skinny member!!!!!!;):):innocent:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 bloody times I wrote a whole long post out last night lol, and I swear I dunno what was going on with my connection/laptop but I was getting all sorts of issues lol.

But you're lucky, because its saved you all from a very long tedius post lol. I was trying to give a brief insight of how tough this year has been, but Im sure you all can have an idea so I wont dribble on again, unless anyone wants me to :D

But John, that recognition alone makes this year worth while, and Im amazed, astounded, at everyones giving nature. I really dont expect people to put their hands in their pockets, so if everyone wants to blame it on excess alacohol still in their system, then I wouldnt blame you.

The generosity that everyone has offered here has really knocked me back, in a good way. I have been on a bit of a head scratcher this week, after the 2nd engine suffered the same fate as the previous, although not as bad. I need a new direction and you guys might have just given it to me.

Again, thank you everyone for this, I feel a bit awkward in accepting this, but at the moment, if Im to get this car where I want to be, well, even Im not that proud to know I need help.

We need to firstly look at the engine setup and need to determine why Im dropping a cylinder/spark ? I dont think its a case that the dizzy isnt up to the job as its all through the rev range, surely if it was the coil/dizzy then it would loose spark at higher boost/higher revs right ?

Plugs are IK24's so they should be fine, which leaves me back to scratching my head.

You aren't the only bunch he has driven mad ;)

I'm happy to continue on being a spanner chucker when I get the chance from my day job :) (Even if we did spend most of Wednesday trying to get an engine in to discover it had the wrong engine mounts.....Gray spotted this in 20 minutes of arriving, so credit to him for that, had he not, I reckon Ash and I would still be sat there trying to shoehorn it in)

And yes the boy can actually drive rather well can't he....

Yep, if it wasnt for Graham, I would have turned up with the Supra with a 2j mounted through the bonnet :D Still, we learnt some stuff ;)

We need to get a TT head and loom and ecu in it, we should have an ECU and Matt MAY be able to rescue an ecu we have but we do need a rebuildable head, we have cams , valves etc.

We also need a decent turbo, might have a plan on that one but it will cost a few quid.

How about drifting lessons in return? :D

Or passenger rides would do.

I've seen most of ashes posts, from when he started to drift. To the accident when the trailer flipped. To working hard to get a supra in to the british drift championship. I would be happy to chuck some money for his car. Or even lend a hand when he's at llandow, as its not far from me.

I had a go as a passenger in a drift car at pod last year was utterly fantastic!.. not long enough!... i'd def be wanting a go if it helps!!!..:D

Sounds a great idea! Drifting lessons in return! :D

I am always willing to take people out, I'll even come along to a day if someone was taking their own car and wanted pointers/help, if its drifting, Im there, no questions asked :D

We need to get a TT head and loom and ecu in it, we should have an ECU and Matt MAY be able to rescue an ecu we have but we do need a rebuildable head, we have cams , valves etc.

We also need a decent turbo, might have a plan on that one but it will cost a few quid.

Yeah, I asked Keron about a TT head but he doesnt have anything, so I will give Jamie a call at QBS or whatever the're called, see what he has, someone must have one sat around somewhere.

Let me know about the loom and ECU, otherwise we'll need to keep an eye on the for sale section.

Whats your thoughts on the turbo then ?

Unfortunately I now want my own drift car, now I just happen to have a spare shell lieing around!!!!!:innocent::tongue::);)

Do it, we'll get along to a few practice days, after, you wont remember what 10 seconds feels like anymore ;)

I'd be happy to manage it...if Ash is okay with it ;)

Dude, you know this is where you excel.....:D

Also think we should have a massive white mkiv owners club/AFR sticker across the black/purple/whatever colour bonnet!

Did you not see the big black club logo down the side lol. But I keep on at Matt about the AFR stickers, Im sure they will appear soon ;)

When the car runs well it will have AFR down the side. What with trying to build my car I cannot bankroll ash so its just buying some quality parts thats a problem, the labour we will gladly supply.

I wouldnt want you to bankroll me mate, what you're doing now in just trying to make something help means more ;)

My work here is done!!!!:)

You reckon, we'll find something on the car dont worry :D

Bit of an update for you, have been talking with John last night over text.

Im going to start stripping my old block down this week sometime, Gav, fancy doing it in your shed when your flooring is done ?

I have decided to try and make this look a little different, so Im going to have the block sprayed, and think I want to try something a little different by having the block sprayed white :cool: But cant for the life of me find any pics on google images of a white block, wanted to see what it looks like. Wondering what peoples opinions are ?

Dude l SupraAsh, If you need a head isn't there the one off my engine?

Unfortunatly not, the cam caps gave me cause for concern, if they are not right ther amount of time a drift car spends on the limiter will kill the head straight away.

I have decided to try and make this look a little different, so Im going to have the block sprayed, and think I want to try something a little different by having the block sprayed white :cool: But cant for the life of me find any pics on google images of a white block, wanted to see what it looks like. Wondering what peoples opinions are ?

Shocking pink or lime green FTW :D Im fairly local, not too bad with a spanner, I dont mind popping down in the evenings to help out if you need it :)

Isn't a 1JZ-GTE BPU an option for you Ash? Should be quite simple to convert and get your car running with some form of reliability..

If I can find a 1j head then year I guess so, but that would mean also needing a 1j loom and then a 1j harness for the Fcon.

I reckon to keep things as simple as possible, and true to form, I would like to stick with a 2j setup though. Plus everyone in the drift community runs 1j's, another reason why I would want to stay 2j ;)

Hi Ash,

I have recently swapped out my turbo (PHR T61) as it looks like the bearings in it have gone, still makes boost but not much over 0.8. I'm more than happy to donate this unit to you and your project.

Have a chat with Dude, if you havent already, i'm sure it can be easily sorted and refurbished and put back into use by you.

If i get a couple of stickers done of my logo, i'm sure they could make a nice appearance on the drift car somewhere ;) Let me know what you think, and if so, what sort of sizes would be ok :)

Christian