The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adopt a Drifter!!!!

dude

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call Graham, as thats exactly what happened lol ;) Thanks mate for your and Gav's help over the last week.

Next I would like to a massive thanks to Matt for having me at his place, pretty much the whole day. I can appreciate the time you take out to do my car when you have others sat there that are a paying customer ;)

But how pleased was I last night, after seeing my engine in bits on my garage floor 5 days ago, I really wasnt sure if an apperance at Knockhill would be possible. But turned up Matts, got her on the dyno, first off she held together, touche Graham S ;) pikey build my arse, men in sheds, its where things happen lol.

Basically to cut a long story short, the NA ignition now cant keep up past 6,000rpm, so we're 700rpm off the stock rev limit, but at .5bar of boost, and at 6,000rpm she was making 390bhp, thats a massive figure in my eyes. Im happy with 300-320bhp lol.

Im pretty sure this engine wont now suffer the same fate as the others, I really dont think mixing PS fluid with your fuel/air wil help matters lol

Just gotta replace a couple of the rubber boost hoses that have literally fallen apart under heat soak, give her a good clean/wash.

Stick on some 25mm spacers, lower the whole car so she looks all sexy. Load up the caravan and Im off Friday......Knockhill here I come.

Thanks again to everyone that has helped over the last week, including Swampy for that air temp sensor ;)

I didn't get a graph mate, not got time for studying graphs lol, had to get the car finished, loaded up and get the pikey van sorted ;)

But a brief update for anyone, arrived at knockhill after a 11 hire drive, which was pretty hell'ish, but finally arrived and what a great place, drive in was amazing with a unheard of sunny day, sun dropping down over the Scotish hills.

So gave the car a brief run up to temp late last night and she sounded like one cylinder was missing, so got up early this morning to pull the inlet off and remove the plugs, checked them all and put it back together, she sounded right after so not really sure why or what but all day she has been firing fine on all 6, which a lot of people here liked to see, I've been getting comments all day.

So I set off for practice, 2 half hour sessions. Started out nice and easy after the very first car went in way to hot, over shot the corner and went up a bank and into a tree backwards, but straight away the cars rear broke away and I linked the whole section straight off and it felt good. So carried on the next 4 runs that I managed to get in that session and all was good.

Went out on second practice and again, just keeping things clean, smooth and within my limits, just getting some seat time in a realible car was always my aim for this round. Towards the end the temps started to creep up, just like on the dyno so not sure suddenly why this is after the only difference from before is she's running an extra 80 odd break, but just to keep switching her off whilst queing.

But then it was off for qualifying, practice lap again was constistant with no spins, 1st qualify no spins with a very good close 1st clip, 2nd and final judged again constistant run, good first clip again, but lacked angle through the last section, which I struggled with a few times. There was one lap where the car felt totally awsome, getting that real raaaap (excuse my crap noise to text translation lol ) noise from the turbo spinning and wategate opening as I'm lifting off, it really felt like she was spinng the rears up, but other laps she was spinning up much past 3.5k rpm from the few glances I had lol, so I clutched kicked her to get the revs up and they would clime to 4k something but I think I need to check where my power is coming but I couldn't get the drive out of the car after a good 2 clutch kicks, but i sort of prefer a car that makes me work harder, I'll learn more then having a gazzilion break sat under the right foot.

So to results, well I won't hold it off anymore lol, it's actually my worst ever finish at competing, since I started lol, but 21 out of 22. Honestly I always knew I would loose points for initiation into the first corner, which held the most points with 40 out of a possible hundred. But I wasn't prepared to go for a heroic entry in a car that I've had very little time with and nearly broke myself getting built for too many months, but the rest was ok, a bit weak on angle through the last section on the last lap as I said but 2nd from bottom lol, oh well, in my eyes, I've still won just by getting the car out for a full day with no issues, today I was proud of the old girl and her look, club logo and looking so much better now I managed to find the time to drop the suspension.

So that's 2010 over with, it's been interesting, fun, hell, I've learnt loads, thanks to everyone that's been involved. I wouldn't be here without you all. Tomorrow is a free practice day doing passenger rides so I'll run her for some more seat time ;)

Well, today was loads of fun, gave taxi rides all day, car actually performed a lot better today, I found out why she wasn't spinning the rears up after popping a boost pipe, after my jubilee clip failed, and borrowing a more manly jubilee clip from the Sats Supra guys, thanks Chris ;) my powerz were back, so I guess it was a boost leak. As soon as I went back out, she delaminated both the rears lol, now that felt like 390 break ;)

So continued the rest of the day with a lot better skidding and having lots of fun. The car is still over heating so need to look at that, but this one is gonna hold and feelt good today.

Sleeping over at Knockhill tonight and heading off early for the trek back ;)

good to meet St3ve with a 3 or something.

Saw a few other Supes in the public car park, dunno if anyone off the forum though ?

Pussy :)

Glad to hear it went well today and she held together :)

I just need some time now to settle into the car, and Sunday has done that. After sorting the boost leak issue and having a full 390 there we got a lot better skidding in later on in the weekend.

But for attending the last Round of the Championship as a day for me to get used to the car and get some seat time, I was never gonna do anything spectacular. I hope someone caught some video from Sundays session somewhere, Cassie aint the most enthusiastic camera girl, because she was really tearing it up, or she was the tyres lol ;)