The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adopt a Drifter!!!!

dude

Spoke with John today and he said he has managed to start on the block, he says it will be ready for tomorrow, which is really good, as I have a good couple of days to get the old engine and block out and get everything swapped over and back in, this time remembering to put gearbox oil back in, I forgot last time and arrived at Suprapod with none in and even done a few laps, school boy error lol.

I need to have this all done by Thu as I'm working Fri to Mon on day shifts so I won't be able to get back on the car till Tue, which I'm really hoping Matt can squeeze me in a map Tue to Thu, dropping in the 440's. Providing this all goes to plan, get the car and caravan loaded onto the truck and head off to Knockhill Friday morning, I'm expecting a good 8 hour trip :D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke with John today and he said he has managed to start on the block, he says it will be ready for tomorrow, which is really good, as I have a good couple of days to get the old engine and block out and get everything swapped over and back in, this time remembering to put gearbox oil back in, I forgot last time and arrived at Suprapod with none in and even done a few laps, school boy error lol.

I need to have this all done by Thu as I'm working Fri to Mon on day shifts so I won't be able to get back on the car till Tue, which I'm really hoping Matt can squeeze me in a map Tue to Thu, dropping in the 440's. Providing this all goes to plan, get the car and caravan loaded onto the truck and head off to Knockhill Friday morning, I'm expecting a good 8 hour trip :D

Is this the first outing for the caravan of love? HAHA!

You need to get the 440's in before the motor goes back in.

You need to get the 440's in before the motor goes back in.

I thought that myself this morning on the way to work lol, dont go to far and forget about the injectors, it makes sense to do it now whilst the blocks out of the car ;)

I found that O ring as well, so thats good ;)

Thought I would take this moment to say a massive thanks to John and Matt for helping turn this around. John had the pistons in the block nice and quick, and Matt has managed to seal the efforts of everyone by squeezing me in for mapping on Tuesday.

Wanted to also thank Graham and Gav, Graham has been over a couple of evenings now to help with the more mechanic stuff, certainly wouldnt have got done last night wat we did without you.

But the head is back on the new block now, cams back in and cam belt, crank pully and cam wheels all back on, so tonight I'll get the cam covers on and thats the top end done. Then sump and oil pick up on completing the block itself. Then Sat evening I can get the gearbox back on, and then Monday get it all thrown back in the car and run up ready for Matt on Tuesday. Im shattered aleady so really not looking forward to Monday, well, I am actually :D

Guest suprabass

Hi mate really hope you make it to knockhill sounds like theres still abit of work to do but I have faith in the garage doing your work (as does everyone else on here lol) Are you staying at the track on Friday and Sat night?

Hi mate really hope you make it to knockhill sounds like theres still abit of work to do but I have faith in the garage doing your work (as does everyone else on here lol) Are you staying at the track on Friday and Sat night?

I really hope so to :D Yep, will be staying at the track Fri and Sat night, so come over for a cup of tea, as we'll now have some proper amenities for a cuppa and a sit down ;)

Ash you will need a TT fuel rail for the injectors, I have one you can have.

My 440's should drop straight in, but will get on this sooner rather then later to make sure they have sent me the correct ones ;)

A TT fuel rail will not fit on the NA head... Ash did get some top feed NA injectors from a mk3 I believe (440s)

Yup ;)

Guest suprabass

oh yes caravan shelter ill bring the kit kats for the tea lol, If theres anything you need help with on the day always ask ill have the usual half the garage with me lol

I thought that myself this morning on the way to work lol, dont go to far and forget about the injectors, it makes sense to do it now whilst the blocks out of the car ;)

I found that O ring as well, so thats good ;)

Thought I would take this moment to say a massive thanks to John and Matt for helping turn this around. John had the pistons in the block nice and quick, and Matt has managed to seal the efforts of everyone by squeezing me in for mapping on Tuesday.

Wanted to also thank Graham and Gav, Graham has been over a couple of evenings now to help with the more mechanic stuff, certainly wouldnt have got done last night wat we did without you.

But the head is back on the new block now, cams back in and cam belt, crank pully and cam wheels all back on, so tonight I'll get the cam covers on and thats the top end done. Then sump and oil pick up on completing the block itself. Then Sat evening I can get the gearbox back on, and then Monday get it all thrown back in the car and run up ready for Matt on Tuesday. Im shattered aleady so really not looking forward to Monday, well, I am actually :D

More than welcome dude... Anytime... She WILL run!! I just hope Gav has kept the build he filmed off You Tube as i'll be out of work sooner than Wayne Rooneys bank balance goes down from hookers!

Got a few bits with me to crack on again tonight but gotta drag a car into work first before I come over.

Oh and thank Cassie for the cake she made (and the tea) i hope my abuse to get her in the kitchen weren't taken to badly!

oh yes caravan shelter ill bring the kit kats for the tea lol, If theres anything you need help with on the day always ask ill have the usual half the garage with me lol

Hell yeah, you bring the kit kats I'll suply tea. Gotta ask though, who is this exactly, Chris or one of the others ??

More than welcome dude... Anytime... She WILL run!! I just hope Gav has kept the build he filmed off You Tube as i'll be out of work sooner than Wayne Rooneys bank balance goes down from hookers!

Got a few bits with me to crack on again tonight but gotta drag a car into work first before I come over.

Oh and thank Cassie for the cake she made (and the tea) i hope my abuse to get her in the kitchen weren't taken to badly!

No worries dude, she didnt take offence to that last night, she likes the banter ;) And there was nothing wrong with that build, my garage is a very acceptable environment :D And well, if someone pulled their finger out of their arse about this unit we might have somewhere proper :D

No worries dude, she didnt take offence to that last night, she likes the banter ;) And there was nothing wrong with that build, my garage is a very acceptable environment :D And well, if someone pulled their finger out of their arse about this unit we might have somewhere proper :D

Ha ha, yeh i know, just starting to clear the drive of all the cars that are there. The black one is going tonight, then its on to finding a unit.. My mate still hasn't got back to me, which is annoying as he said he had a spare unit we could use. Just hope its big enough to get all our cars in!!

Im sort of wishing I had bolted the engine together:eyebrows:

Faith John, it'll be fine. It wont be the build that kills it, its the fueling thats killing it, everything was washed. But hopefully now, we can turn the fueling down and get it more sorted now we have better compression ;)

One of your many admirers in bdc lol Its Chris who else would be coming with a van full of supra bits lol

Well I told the Mrs to make sure we have enough mugs in the caravan to supply tea for your lot, so if anyone wants somewhere to sit down/chill out/get their head down/even have a shower lol, come see me mate ;)

Just wondering, i dont see what compression has to do with the fueling, the new compression ratio just means you will be able to run more boost, fueling should be controlled no matter what the CR.

We had to keep it rich as there was no air temp sensor, but dont ask me, Im just the driver :D

I just think the setup was putting too much stress on the engine, Im just thinking, with lower compression, better injectors, you're not trying trying to run the setup at its limit like we was before.

Although my mate Paddy McIreland as I call him, said that his engine builder has said that NA-T'ing kills the piston rings due to a restriction in the exhaust port on the NA head ? I wanted to run thins past John and anyone else to see if this has ever been known/discussed before ?

Just wondering, i dont see what compression has to do with the fueling, the new compression ratio just means you will be able to run more boost, fueling should be controlled no matter what the CR.

Ash couldn't run bigger injectors when the car was last down, now he can and also run more boost as it has the correct CR, he would not have bothered with the pistons other than the fact they were for free, we will put together a more suitable engine after the season finishes with a TT head etc so he can run decent ignition.

I finished putting everything back in late last night, Im totally knackard lol, tonight I just need to fit the exhaust and run her up quickly to make sure everything is ok.

Had a couple of issues, 1st being I snapped an air line nipple that runs off the wastegate back to vacum on the inlet. Anyone know what the consequences of not having this pipe running off the inlet ? Im going to enquire with our local hydraulics wholesaler to see if they have anything that will fit but I dont hold much hope.

2nd thing, we had issues with the 440 injectors, they do drop straight into the NA fuel rail yes, but the connectors dont bloody fit lol. We ended up cutting the outside of the connectors right back so that fitted.

And lastly, I think I may have found the reason why she is constantly smoking so much and why the bores and pistons looked so washed. It seems PS fluid has been getting into the inlet, whilst it was all apart I noticed traces and small puddles in some areas of a red fluid. Now this is what I still dont quite understand how its happened or why, but my only thought is from the two pipes that feed from the PS reservoir that connect to either side of the inlet, I have always wondered why these pipes connected to the inlet because its coming from the PS reservoir ? Does anyone know why this ? What they do ? Gav said he thinks it might be the idle pickup for the PS ?

And why would PS fluid be getting into the inlet ?

For now, I have just looped these pipes back to stop this happening, because I have been drinking PS fluid like its going out fashion, and by the state of the pistons looking so clean I guess its been burning it all.

Right, bit stuck now, she won't fire up, cranks, plugs are wet so seem to be getting fuel, pulled no.1 and that's sparking, timed the dizzy, although I'm wondering how exact you have to be, because on one tooth I had to spin it maximum one way, to keep the rota arm pointing at no.1 or if I move it back one tooth I have to slid it all the way the other, I could never get it inbetween, if that lot makes any sense, but maybe she's floaded, had an issue to start with where by the fuel pump wasn't switching off with the keys out of the ignition lol, my bad, that little screw that holds the ecu socket down.

But I'll get up early tomorrow and pull all the plugs and crank her over and try again :(