The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adopt a Drifter!!!!

dude

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have any footage, It would be nice to see this talent in action and know the personality behind the talent..!

But count me in for a donation, everybody deserves a lucky break..!

I'll have to dig out some dodgy photo's of Ash ;) There is some footage around, I'll get Ash to post it up.

Many thanks to Stonkin :cool::sly: the turbo will be perfect when refurbed.

Also a big thanks to CR Turbos for refurbing it for us in return for a little sticker action!!!:eyebrows: (I did have to promise to put stickers on my car as well) So anyone needing turbos refurbed please show some support for a company that has tried to help a member and at least get a quote from them before going elsewhere. I have some interesting figures soon for their steel bladed refurbs on a fresh engine;)

http://www.crturbos.co.uk/

Hi Ash,

I have recently swapped out my turbo (PHR T61) as it looks like the bearings in it have gone, still makes boost but not much over 0.8. I'm more than happy to donate this unit to you and your project.

Have a chat with Dude, if you havent already, i'm sure it can be easily sorted and refurbished and put back into use by you.

If i get a couple of stickers done of my logo, i'm sure they could make a nice appearance on the drift car somewhere ;) Let me know what you think, and if so, what sort of sizes would be ok :)

Christian

Many thanks to Stonkin :cool::sly: the turbo will be perfect when refurbed.

Also a big thanks to CR Turbos for refurbing it for us in return for a little sticker action!!!:eyebrows: (I did have to promise to put stickers on my car as well) So anyone needing turbos refurbed please show some support for a company that has tried to help a member and at least get a quote from them before going elsewhere. I have some interesting figures soon for their steel bladed refurbs on a fresh engine;)

http://www.crturbos.co.uk/

Stonkin, John text me yesterday with your offer and the plans he has, gotta say, top bloke and again I feel humbled by all this, but at least she won't smoke no more like she does with the current turbo lol, a passenger ride is most definitely owed to you sir ;)

Also a big thanks to CR Turbos, I shall give the guys a call through the week to introduce myself and say thanks ;)

Ive got a T04R you could have for cheap :)

Swampy, thanks for the offer mate, but i'm think I'm sorted in the turbo department ;) still should need that stock air temp sensor though ;)

Does anybody have any footage, It would be nice to see this talent in action and know the personality behind the talent..!

But count me in for a donation, everybody deserves a lucky break..!

Yeah mate, I'll get a selection of videos and pics up that i have, so you have an idea.

I've had a look for my videos, but it seems I have lost a lot of stuff from when my laptop died and had to have a new OS put on it, which is pretty annoying, but here is one vid I could find from Donny last year.

qYutqNoXGWs

A couple of pics I managed to find, sure there must be more on here somewhere because I know I ran a few threads as my rounds went by, will have a look, see if I can find anymore.

Im really not lol, anyone can do this after a few months I swear. If anyone had a RWD car that they wanted to start, I swear I could have you at a level to compete after 12 months or so. I went every month for a whole year before I started, but I did already feel pretty confident in a car park before I started properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we have 15 days till Round 5 at Knockhill and Im starting to get worried again. Im hoping Matt and John can work with me to get something working for Knockhill, but I know they have been busy with the move, but havent had much communication from the guys lately so thought I would chuck this to the top and see how they are settling in ?

Hows it going down at AFR guys ?

The car currently I believe needs TT pistons to be dropped in to sort the compression out properly. I have 440 injectors waiting to go on, and then re-map obviously. The turbo smokey as it is, I can live with, as it still spools ok, I dont know if John has progressed the other turbo any further but that wouldnt be for this setup anyway.

Well we have 15 days till Round 5 at Knockhill and Im starting to get worried again. Im hoping Matt and John can work with me to get something working for Knockhill, but I know they have been busy with the move, but havent had much communication from the guys lately so thought I would chuck this to the top and see how they are settling in ?

Hows it going down at AFR guys ?

The car currently I believe needs TT pistons to be dropped in to sort the compression out properly. I have 440 injectors waiting to go on, and then re-map obviously. The turbo smokey as it is, I can live with, as it still spools ok, I dont know if John has progressed the other turbo any further but that wouldnt be for this setup anyway.

Ash get the head off the other block and get it down to me, i will try to get some pistons and rods balanced, I would like to put new rings in it, we need to get Gav motivated to get the Ash fund started.

Ash get the head off the other block and get it down to me, i will try to get some pistons and rods balanced, I would like to put new rings in it, we need to get Gav motivated to get the Ash fund started.

I can do that, but would it not be better to use the engine thats currently in there ?, its a 97 low mileage and so much cleaner ?

Ill paint his supra satin black for free, someone will have to supply paint and ill use what i have left, thats probably the best i could do:)

You're on a mission to paint the whole world satin black arent you lol :D Thanks for the offer though mate, but the body work is actually ok, its been sprayed by Marcus @ Smokers Motor Co.

I can put the pistons in whichever block you bring down, but thats all we will be able to do, so you need to get the motor out and head off, I would use the block that is out the car.

Yeah I have mate, am on nights at the moment, but got up at 1 today to get the block stripped down ready and head off, gonna be knackard tonight lol.

I'll bring it down with tomorrow ;) can you text me your postcode for tomtom mate ;)

Took the block up to John today, so a massive thanks to him for doing this, Im really hoping this will make a reliable setup that works.

John, you said you reckon you can have the block ready this week, which is great but earlier the better will be good, Im working Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon days next weekend, so I only have this week up until then to get that block back in the car, if the block swap runs past Thu, which will be ok, but I then only have Tue to Thu the following week for finishing it off and sweet talking that lovable homo you work with for a map ;)

I'll start taking all mine out from Monday so its ready to start chucking back together as soon as your done, shit, I might get quick at this soon lol :D

The rings look ok in those pistons ash so if new ones are mega bucks leave em.

Spoke to my mate tonight mate, it would be a day or so before he could get them, which I think will screw the schedule up too much. So if you reckon they are ok, well pray to the drift gods that someone up there loves me, anyway, Im sure it couldnt smoke anymore then it does with that turbo currently anyway lol ;)

Can you speak with Matt on Monday, I'll phone him as well at some point, but just wanna give him as much notice as possible for a squeeze me in map next week, which will be Tue, Wed or Thu ?

Spoke to my mate tonight mate, it would be a day or so before he could get them, which I think will screw the schedule up too much. So if you reckon they are ok, well pray to the drift gods that someone up there loves me, anyway, Im sure it couldnt smoke anymore then it does with that turbo currently anyway lol ;)

Can you speak with Matt on Monday, I'll phone him as well at some point, but just wanna give him as much notice as possible for a squeeze me in map next week, which will be Tue, Wed or Thu ?

Ash, i'm sure you must know by now, no one 'up there' loves you.. I'm sure the whole how you came to being in a drift supra now being a very good reason! :p Lets just hope your serious persistence has shown someone uo there you ain't ever gonna give up.. and fair play as you really deserve just a small amount of luck sometime, surely!

Ash, i'm sure you must know by now, no one 'up there' loves you.. I'm sure the whole how you came to being in a drift supra now being a very good reason! :p Lets just hope your serious persistence has shown someone uo there you ain't ever gonna give up.. and fair play as you really deserve just a small amount of luck sometime, surely!

Ha, I have been saying that myself for months now, either that, or I have seriously pissed someone off in a previous life :innocent: