The mkiv Supra Owners Club

vinyl wrap price

dr_jekyll

I have a mate with a company in newport mate, they are funkycarbon.co.uk. They are a great company and good rep also, I can have a word with mike if you want. They can wrap any style you want from plain vinyl , carbon look, to printed .

that would be great if you could mate . do they only supply and fit only or will they just supply?

I have a mate with a company in newport mate, they are funkycarbon.co.uk. They are a great company and good rep also, I can have a word with mike if you want. They can wrap any style you want from plain vinyl , carbon look, to printed .

that would be great if you could mate . do they only supply and fit only or will they just supply?

He will supply aswell, selling of the roll aswell so thats a bonus. He done a gsxr in full carbon I will add the pics now.

http://www.funkycarbon.co.uk/img/gsxr1.jpg

http://www.funkycarbon.co.uk/img/gsxr2.jpg

http://www.funkycarbon.co.uk/img/gsxr3.jpg

http://www.funkycarbon.co.uk/img/gsxr4.jpg

Awesome wrap workmanship on that bike but personally I think it looks hideous. Too much. Just sections of it in carbon would have been much more subtle.

I'm of the same opinion with a car. Why on earth would you want to wrap it in carbon? Bits of carbon here and there can look ok but the whole car?

Dont do it... :(

Here are some pics of my bonnet i had done, they charged me £180 for this and that included the window washers and scoop, i had a quote for the lot and was told £1200 and would take 3 days to do, and i wouldnt see any joining lines.

Its not to everybodys taste but i like it.

Im thinking, get the whole car done but have the front bumper lower lip and sideskirts painted in an awesome blue ive found available in a powder coat colour and do the wheels as well ????????:rolleyes::hide:

Something like this but better lol

Well it cant make your car look any worst then it already does :D

• 2 weeks later...

Vinyl wrapping, like laminate flooring, is today's in thing, but tomorrow's price reduction bargaining point. I was at a wheel refurbishers this week and there was a late model Mercedes coupe in there with one of these plastic bags stuck over it. To say it was shocking is an understatement, the car was totally ruined and looked simply hideous. Wrinkles, peeling, shoddily cut edges and a finish even an out of date orange would be ashamed of. I see a BMW M3 on track days that I assumed was painted in blackboard paint. But no, it has had an expensive vinyl wrap. It too looks like a back yard write off repair, finish wise.

It's sub £300. The trouble you will have is the main body, as can't get sheets easily that width and length. So you either have to do 3 pieces and carefully join them at the ridges on the roof or buy a huuuuuuge roll which will not be cheap at all.

Or that's what we have found whilst a friend is looking at doing wraps as well as his tinting business. If we do find sheets that'll do the roof/quarters in one go will let you know.