The mkiv Supra Owners Club

time for a change....

heckler

I think the problem with the needles is that they are painted orange/red and a white bulb lights them up

I have seen somewhere that you can strip the paint using thinners or something, guess that may work if you can then put a different coloured bulb in there

yer i stripped my last set of needles with celulose thinner and painted them red.. and the glowed red lol. Its the orange paint that makes the needles orange.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subscribed. If you get round to doing Facelift ones i'd be interested. Did you say you can make them change colour as the rev's build or just when its time to change gear. Having it cycle through different shades of the same colour as the revs build might look cool.

just when you hit the red line, or another level which you can set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bringing this over from the US Supra boards..

To be clear-- The gauge faces were purchased from Metal Monkey. I had them shipped directly to Si, where my cluster was already.

This method allowed me to raise my stock tachometer from 8k to 10k, though I cannot verify it's accuracy above 8k. I placed the TRD logo as best I could to simulate the style of the real TRD tach.

I added the TRD logos to the fuel/temp, tach, and speedometer. For the speedometer, I added the Supra logo in the lower corner, really wanted it for some reason. I removed KPH (I do not need it here in the states), added the TRD logo just as TRD did on their speedometer, and raised the final MPH to 200 (real TRD went to 220MPH).

Si (heckler) installed the Metal Monkey covers and light diffusing film, built and installed and his custom LED PCBs, and the results are before. Si can offer this to you as well, I believe.

Very happy with Si's work so far.

Si (heckler) sent me some photo gifts. He fitted the Metal Monkey dials, which are shown below.

Si removed the stock faces, fit the Metal Monkey dials, added transparency filter sheets, added his custom PCB boards, and fired it up for testing and photos. The results are below, I think they look the business.

Edited by MDSUPERSTAR (see edit history)