The mkiv Supra Owners Club

time for a change....

heckler

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or blue/green dials that turn red when it's time to change gear?

When I had a prelude there was a guy on the prelude forum who made his dials green when not in vtec, and once vtec kicked in (yo) the dials turned red. This was easy as it was a 12v feed from the ECU to change the cam over, so tapping in to that allowed the new LEDs to also come in. Not sure how you'd work it in a supra unless you run it off a rpm sensor switch?

Actually saying that, the Apexi RSM has a rev output you can set to show 12v at whatever revs you want, so that may work

When I had a prelude there was a guy on the prelude forum who made his dials green when not in vtec, and once vtec kicked in (yo) the dials turned red. This was easy as it was a 12v feed from the ECU to change the cam over, so tapping in to that allowed the new LEDs to also come in. Not sure how you'd work it in a supra unless you run it off a rpm sensor switch?

Actually saying that, the Apexi RSM has a rev output you can set to show 12v at whatever revs you want, so that may work

i have a little circuit which is an adjustable rpm switch knocking about already... ;)

sorry, cant do facelift as the clusters are different to a pre-facelift. Unless somene willing to lend me a facelift cluster for a week or two...

Ahh wish I'd known that! I've just given my Supra to the audio place for 2 weeks. You could have had it! :(

:innocent: Could be arranged, i'm not using my car at the minute if you want any dials Si

if the neadle could change colour that would be awesome. not so much all the lights.

or even have it change colour for 1st and then 2nd turbo :p

problem there is in the way the needles are lit - there done by the blubs, though the dial backs - as there are clear plastic. But I'll take a look ;)

Subscribed.. very interesting :) If I read this correctly it could be rigged to change through colour spectrum as the RPM goes up / down?

no, its dash backlight where you can change the colour to what ever you want, BUT will be able to add another circuit which will change the dash light as a certain RPM level.

I guess it could be done though... but I think that would annoy most people!

Sorry if I'm missing something, but does this mean you can change the colour the needles light up? I like the look of my Laguna's clocks, white with red needles, but never changed the colour on the Supra cos I thought it wouldn't look right with the orange needles.

I think the problem with the needles is that they are painted orange/red and a white bulb lights them up

I have seen somewhere that you can strip the paint using thinners or something, guess that may work if you can then put a different coloured bulb in there