The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AFR Tuning - A move to improve !

Muffleman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this is SPCs old unit, they did indeed go properly bust ! Unit's been empty for a few months, it's all being decorated, latex floored, refurbished. It is the same DD dyno too just been fully updated, serviced and calibrated :)

cool, your actually closer to me now arbeit a few miles! now, shouldnt you be mapping my car ;)....

cool, your actually closer to me now arbeit a few miles! now, shouldnt you be mapping my car ;)....

It's being run in :p Think I'll be taking it over to the new dyno for mapping ;)

Horsham, excellent! I lived in Southwater for, oooh, about 23 years!

Whereabouts in Horsham exactly?

2mins from the station mate, few doors down from ATS :) We'll be seeing you soon I hope ;)

Good luck with the move, Matt/John and the fellas, put more details up when you know about the openday, I'd like to come to that.

Will definitely do that mate, got a lot of interest for the open day - they're always good fun :D

Got a customer with an R35GTR coming and has promised to put it on the dyno, he's hoping to bring some mates with R35s. Plenty of other stuff too already !

Might have to run the 35 or the 997 down for a power run when you're all settled.

Get the chair on Miglet !!!!!!!;)

We can fit the trapeze if you fancy coming out of retirement and pulling a few heads off:blink:

your welcome whenever you want dude

good luck its sounding like a turning point for better things,

oh and is there gonna be enough room for dudes mobile flat on wheels??

Unfortunatly the mobile 'condo' will not fit thru the door!!!!! We hopefully have somewhere to leave that near the present w.shop that has 24hr security.

I went to SPC horsham with a mate for his IS200, the two main guys were ex TDi employees. I believe Wayne was on here and owns a 2JZ-GTE powered hilux.

Do you know what version of software the DD has been updated too as I heard with some of the later versions the graphs can look interesting.

I went to SPC horsham with a mate for his IS200, the two main guys were ex TDi employees. I believe Wayne was on here and owns a 2JZ-GTE powered hilux.

Do you know what version of software the DD has been updated too as I heard with some of the later versions the graphs can look interesting.

Matt will have to answer that one, IMO RR's are only any good for tuning/mapping.

Will find out mate, you old nerd you ;) I know what you mean though, there are some outputs that aren't exactly user friendly !

Matt will have to answer that one, IMO RR's are only any good for tuning/mapping.

Exactly, all chassis dyno figures are to be taken with more than a pinch of salt. Engine dyno is the only way but it makes for expensive power runs :D

Surely having both will make it a little more scientific and a lot less guesswork? I know that you can't load the engine the same etc but I think it will be fantastic knowing accurate differences.

The big attraction to me is running the engine in fully on the engine dyno, David Vizard in the states runs his engines in after work, leaves the engine dyno running and shuts shop and leaves, parameters are set ie max temps, lowest pressures and max egt,s if any of these are hit the dyno shuts down and the reason is on the PC screen. At least if there is something that might need investigating its not a case of removing the engine from the car.

The big attraction to me is running the engine in fully on the engine dyno, David Vizard in the states runs his engines in after work, leaves the engine dyno running and shuts shop and leaves, parameters are set ie max temps, lowest pressures and max egt,s if any of these are hit the dyno shuts down and the reason is on the PC screen. At least if there is something that might need investigating its not a case of removing the engine from the car.

That is a really big advantage. Time saver just for the running in, never mind the diagnosis.

Sounds good that!