The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AFR Tuning - A move to improve !

Muffleman

That is a really big advantage. Time saver just for the running in, never mind the diagnosis.

And its run in correctly and safely, the computer takes care of the power run,ie amount of load and max rpm etc, and also lets you set the exact amount of load to put on the engine to get the rings to seat properly. Unfortunatly this doesn't come cheap, there is still fuel to pay for and it takes a good few hours to get it set up and to remove from the dyno after.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay ... this sounds really cool. Congrats and good luck! I'm sure I'll be seeing it soon enough ;)

As an amusing side-note, my Brother is now pissed off with me (not sure how this is my fault), because the R32 is with Abbey right now, and he just been told that he's not going to get it back this weekend as scheduled. Their reason .... "We've just lost our best mechanic, so things are running a little slow right now" :D

I think we know where he'll be going from now on :p

Good luck with it all, and see you soon :D

Cheers, J

Yay ... this sounds really cool. Congrats and good luck! I'm sure I'll be seeing it soon enough ;)

As an amusing side-note, my Brother is now pissed off with me (not sure how this is my fault), because the R32 is with Abbey right now, and he just been told that he's not going to get it back this weekend as scheduled. Their reason .... "We've just lost our best mechanic, so things are running a little slow right now" :D

I think we know where he'll be going from now on :p

Good luck with it all, and see you soon :D

Cheers, J

Teach him to go elsewhere from his wiser brother, I am so impressed with Simon, he is so consientious and an excellent mechanic and fabricator, as soon as we are settled the intention is for all 4 of us to spend one day a week on my car to get it ready for 2011, Simon will be doing all the fabrication, remember he virtually built Rocket Ronnies skyline.

Im pretty confident the car will run in the 8's at the first or second meeting.

Teach him to go elsewhere from his wiser brother, I am so impressed with Simon, he is so consientious and an excellent mechanic and fabricator, as soon as we are settled the intention is for all 4 of us to spend one day a week on my car to get it ready for 2011, Simon will be doing all the fabrication, remember he virtually built Rocket Ronnies skyline.

Im pretty confident the car will run in the 8's at the first or second meeting.

Staying manual and street car or auto and full drag car mate?

Staying manual and street car or auto and full drag car mate?

Staying 6 speed dude and relatively street legal, stereo etc all going, its a noisy bugger now so may as well carry on losing weight, I want it as much for the mile events as 1/4 mile action.

• 4 weeks later...
Once its decorated we can get some pics up

Thought I would give a little bump for this ;)

Where's these pics then, or are you both still stood around looking at a paint brush wondering why it dont work on a car :D

Your open day is this Sat right John, whas the plan ? What can we expect ?

Got any grub on the go, I'll give the misses a day off if so lol