The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Favorite Car Cleaning Product?

JamieP

Any pics of the car finished Jamie?

Will get some over the weekend, was gonna try and get the F40 out for some joint pictures together now its not blocked in by other cars, helped the father inlaw clean it today, first time its been out in a while.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone recommend products for the following??

1.) Getting dried insects off (i've tried a cpl diff ones but not much success yet)

2.) Cleaning up the engine bay

3.) Cleaning off the carbon deposits off the inside of the exhaust.

I built some shelves in the garage last trip home for all my cleaning stuff, starting to get a pretty good collection now :D

1 Autoglym bug and tar remover isn't bad [edit - I've been using Megs? TFR recently, comes in a big container and you dilute it before use, stick it in a spray bottle and spray on and leave it to work into them for a while before your wash]

2 WD40, or Gunk, lots of elbow grease and some back to black type stuff for the plastics

3 Megs metal polish

Edited by jim
added info (see edit history)

1 Autoglym bug and tar remover isn't bad

2 WD40, or Gunk, lots of elbow grease and some back to black type stuff for the plastics

3 Megs metal polish

I've got the Autoglym stuff, its okay but i didnt find it great. I'll give it another go though. I've got a cpl different back to blacks as well so i'm sorted there, never occured to me to dry WD40 lol. I'll pick up some Megs when i get home then and give that a whirl. Cheers mate :thumbs:

I've been using Gold class megs wax for a while having swapped from Autoglym. Detailers are fine for quick fixes at the arrival of a meet or show, but I'll not routinely clean the car with it. The car gets polished everytime it's cleaned (which is weekly).

The car was recently parked under a tree which dripped minute sap blobs all over the supra and my dads 350z. My dad told me of the mare he had getting the sap off, so I dreaded the clean today. Turns out, the wax applied prior to the sap exposure meant it just fell off the paint when nudged with a sponge. Once this gold class has run out, I'm going to try the nxt stuff.

Good to hear its keeping clean Jamie :)

I like to use Last Touch as a quick detailer. Zaino Z8 would be a great one for you Jamie, or anyone for that matter if the paintwork is in very good condition. Its fantastic as a product to use inbetween waxing. Once the vehicle is dry just give a panel a very light spray across, spread it evenly with a clean microfibre, turn it over and buff. Then go onto the next panel. You really dont need to use a lot of it. But keep it topped up with a good wax as well. Although the nxt spray is quite easy to use and can give a reasonable shine, it really doesnt last too long. Although a proper wax will take slightly longer to do, it will protect that finish better.