The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello :)

Guest amy-v17

Guest amy-v17

I dont think they were taking the piss as such it was just banter you expect it on forums, the more it bothers you the more they will do it

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex, the forum dislikes txt speak for a reason, Its difficult for members to read and understand. No one is taking the piss out of you and the comment about know it alls is a load of rubbish. Alot of the members on here have owned supras for a long time and do know what they are on about.

You must remember that we see alot of new members come on here and start shouting their mouths off and causing trouble. They are known as trolls. Over time people get fed up of these and then get tired of it. Just remember its just banter and learn to take it. Its a type of hazing that goes on.

Before I forget :hi: , :welcome: to the club Amy.

i just get annoy when people try and take the piss and think they know it all when dont know much at all i never take the piss out of people i rather say it to there face then be a internet gangster

Tho me mate wat u donno realize inn itt iz dat wit ur txt banter. Iz u dat appear to the ''internet gangster''... innn iittt:rolleyes:

lol:p

Guest alexsupra

good point amy v17 let get back to your topic just go for it get a supra i never look back and i have a cosworths subaru e46 m3 evo6 r5 turbo and 1.2 mirca

Welcome Amy - The Supra would be a good choice, You have downloaded the guides, thats a good starting point. You say youre after a manual.. Have a go in a auto Supra as well, you might be quite suprised :D and whats youre budget? Try look for a BPU'd car from the off :D

On any car purchase there are good cars and bad cars and buying a Supra I would say is the hardest of the lot. Do not buy on looks alone as there may be a multitude of hidden sins :( In buying a Supra I would advise

1: Download the guides *(tick)

2: Check round the whole car for as long as it takes (using the guide)

3: If possible post any potential car on this thread (for other members advice)

4: Ask a member/Supra owner to come with you to view any car

5: Dont stay local in looking (your choice will be vastly limited be prepared to travel)

6: HPi any car you really really would purchase on all the above.

7: Service history and maintainance records are a must in my opinion

Amy I found the most importantant thing is not to rush into getting a Supra just to "own one" wait for the right car and be prepared to travel a bit to look at some cars. I got mine from Essex and driving back to Derbyshire was awesome. You never forget your first drive home in a new Supra.

Good luck in your search and hope you find a great one :)

Guest alexsupra
Tho me mate wat u donno realize inn itt iz dat wit ur txt banter. Iz u dat appear to the ''internet gangster''... innn iittt:rolleyes:

lol:p

lol brazil man wish he was as big as u man u most be like 11 stone big man in the ends blud safe innit u look like u could just about fight your self out of a tesco carrier bag man i wish i was as strong as you stay bless fam :p

Guest amy-v17

Thanks for the advice Scotty :) I shall definitely not be rushing into this and I want to know all I can before I even start looking at seriously purchasing one

lol brazil man wish he was as big as u man u most be like 11 stone big man in the ends blud safe innit u look like u could just about fight your self out of a tesco carrier bag man i wish i was as strong as you stay bless fam :p

How does this help the OP's question... and as Branners stated text speak is not appriciated here and you seem to be disregarding the mod's/sites request:blink:

Thanks for the advice Scotty :) I shall definitely not be rushing into this and I want to know all I can before I even start looking at seriously purchasing one

No problem, patience is the key Amy... I was pulling my hair out looking local but then spread my wings abit and it opened up lots of cars to view etc.. Definately get a member who has some knowledge to go view a car with you, many would go with you.

Any way I would love to stay and chat but as Im in Florida at present on holiday Im off to titan motor sports to go buy some goodies for my TT :D

Laters and have fun here:)

No problem, patience is the key Amy... I was pulling my hair out looking local but then spread my wings abit and it opened up lots of cars to view etc.. Definately get a member who has some knowledge to go view a car with you, many would go with you.

Any way I would love to stay and chat but as Im in Florida at present on holiday Im off to titan motor sports to go buy some goodies for my TT :D

Laters and have fun here:)

Good advice from Scotty..!

I purchased my Supra from a member on here so I was able to read all the threads & posts through out the their ownership 7yrs in total. To double check I had Dude from AFR on here to have a look around the car and take it around the block for some piece of mind. The club spirit on here is really astonishing these guys really look after their fellow members so don't be shy to ask for any help..!

If you have driven your brothers evo you will be disappointed if you bought an N/A. Be careful though when/if you buy a tt supra they are a total driver's car and will woop your ass if your not on the ball.

Good luck..!

Welcome Amy.

You will be fine with a supra. I went from a saxo vts to a Supra Twin turbo at 21.

I took it easy as its a big powerful car but you soon get used to what the car can do and what happens when you do what you shouldn't do :D.

Good luck with the search. if you find one you like post up on here as im sure another member will know it or who is selling it.

Guest amy-v17
:hi: welcome to the "club"...

if you want to have a go in a TT give me a shout. im miles away and i'll have to borrow one from someone as mines away being worked on but i'll make the effort :D

You could always have a go in my N/A and I'll make the turbo and BOV sounds while you push yourself back in the seat. :D

Hahaha any more offers? ;)