The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R888 price gone mad?

JamieP

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
not sure if its been said already or if its true for that matter but I heard the r888s are going to be NOT road legal for 2012 as they wont pass new safety laws under wet conditions, anyone else heard about that

iv heard nothing of that yet, i normally get an email or a letter when tyre laws are changing

• 2 weeks later...
Right I ordered some Dunlop Direzza D03Gs and they came today, so I got them wacked on. They were 295/30/18 (opposed to my 285/30/18 R888s). Weight wise there was nothing in it.

They feel a lot softer than the PS Cups, I'd say they were as close as 888's as you can get but maybe a touch harder.

I'm still srubbing them off, and finding my feet with them, but initial feeling is they are as good as the R888's. Straight line pulls in 2nd gear have the RLTC cutting in on both tyres. 3rd gear, both tyres can put the power down.

I will reserve my final judgement for a bit till I have some more miles on them, but my gut instinct is telling me they are a bloody good alternative to R888s and now they come in at £500 (as opposed to the £700 for R888's) I think a lot of Toyo's fans may jump ship.

I will get some on car pics when the sun goes down, it's far too harsh at the mo to get decent ones

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=113082&stc=1&d=1278087826

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=113083&stc=1&d=1278087826

I just bought a set of rears of these now, was going for the R888 but saw your post and thought i would give these a go, They look great ! wont be going on the car till Thu though. I would like them on the fronts too but they dont do 235's, only 225's so im not sure weather to drop down to 225's or not ???