The mkiv Supra Owners Club

carbon lovers check this out.

Guest blueangel

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueangel

as soon as i hear anything i will post up prices and check with the mods and the maker to see if a group buy can be arranged.

I wouldn't even go near anything like attempting that but it would give you a choice if you wanted shiny or the matted textured stuff.

Fair play to the bloke who done his full dash, it is by far more difficult than it looks. I found that applying it was easy enough, but getting a finish that I was happy with was not.

It's very tricky laying it withough putting creases in.

See what i dislike is shiny carbon everywhere.

A bit here and there is fine, like a front lip or rear spoiler but people seem to go nuts with the stuff and ruin there cars look and make it look tacky.

But thats just my opinion :)

Looks nice. Would there be a cheaper fibre glass version avaliable? Would like it painted black.

There's a scuttle panel cover that comes as part of an ebay kit, but I can't remember just now which one - it's a wide arch kit, the pics used to advertise it are of a white car. Maybe 'explosion'? I'll do some digging..

edit: it's the JDL kit like TrickyRicky's -

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=12095&d=1214393766

Edited by jim (see edit history)

this looks good, i have thought about doing something with this panel for a while as IMHO the panel (along with the side repeaters) looks like it came straight from the Cortina parts bin and shows the cars age, cant see from the pic but doesn't the heater intake come throught the vented area on the panel, Is there a vent in this new panel

See what i dislike is shiny carbon everywhere.

A bit here and there is fine, like a front lip or rear spoiler but people seem to go nuts with the stuff and ruin there cars look and make it look tacky.

But thats just my opinion :)

I agree with you, but that's pretty subtle. Most of it's under the hood anyway.