The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BW91/79 Single Project

GlennK

What's the status on the car Glenn? Have you fixed the pipe and put the new map sensor in?

Well, got the car back from Lee's yesterday evening but too late to catch Ryan before he went on holiday :banghead:

So it's got a safe boost map only to 1.7bar. :rolleyes:

Should be just enough though to have a little fun with the horses...

here's the offending inlet tube that burst:

Ruptured Inlet tube.jpg

Oh well...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day went well. There were around 1300 Ferraris on the track to beat the world record.

World record Ferraris Silverstone Sept12.jpg

Saw 3 Enzos parked up!! Amazing. Not to mention around 10 F40s!! And a few new FFs and 612s.

Enzo Silverstone Sept12.jpg

Fortunately no F12 Berlinettas yet. These are some hairy beasts running 740hp, 690Nm!!!

All I can say is the run home was fun although limited; only a 348 and a 355 for company. They weren't bad and were trying (well the 355 was) but the best car left them without fuss - and only running 1.6bar.

Great day out but a sad ending. Must have weakened the 1st and 2nd gear sprags over the day so when a hill climb came along on the way home they both let go just after clearing the top. PITA.

So now looking for a better box than the weak BL autobox..... :sos:

Yeah - but that's going manual though....

Lee is following up with Titan for an autobox that will handle around 700ftlbs so we'll see.

No vids as my phone battery was running out of charge! I could have taken hundreds of photos and videos. Particularly when the Ferrari race team took the new 599XX type on the circuit. Lovely cars. They look like a Supra to me :)

F599XX.jpg

They flew round the circuit as you'd expect from a 722bhp car.

Yeah - but that's going manual though....

Lee is following up with Titan for an autobox that will handle around 700ftlbs so we'll see.

No vids as my phone battery was running out of charge! I could have taken hundreds of photos and videos. Particularly when the Ferrari race team took the new 599XX type on the circuit. Lovely cars. They look like a Supra to me :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]157793[/ATTACH]

They flew round the circuit as you'd expect from a 722bhp car.

you will enjoy this mate :D

The fact is with fuel prices, emission legislation and general downsizing there's been no recent incentive to produce a passenger car auto box that will handle mega torque, so anything with a strong case, and really stout internals will be elderly and have minimal original electronic control functionality. Lightweight castings, and low drag, low inertia internals in the Aisin box don't make happy bedfellows with 700 ft lbs of torque. I would imagine the propshaft and diff won't really like it either :)

Luc,

It made 678hp at 1.6bar...with a wastegate problem. Fixed that and the turbo went to 2.6bar...:D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]157576[/ATTACH]

Only problem is that the inlet IC plastic pipe split. So had to adjourn the mapping session :taped:

Lee will fix up then back to SRR soon as and Ryan will fit a 4 bar MAP sensor and we'll go for 2.1 bar and see where it gets to...:eyebrows:

So the wastegate was the issue that was holding the car back?

Is the boostlogic box nackered now? can it not be rebuilt

Yes. And it could be. I have been able to use the box in 1st and reverse when cold to get it back into the garage. Felt like normal. But as soon as it gets to operating temperature, clutch slip occurs....

I think you need one of these : http://www.spracingonline.com/store/SP_4L80E_Built_Transmission_Kit_Supra/3620

BIG DOLLAR though.

regards,

Lyndon.

Lyndon,

Now that'll do nicely! But I emailed Larry at SP and he wouldn't say it was 100% bulletproof for this application...He did say it is a **must** to have a good ecu controlling any new autobox though - and a full strength 2nd gear sprag. So be interested to see how much we can tweak the Syvecs S6 for this - I think I've run out of spare ports on it though...

Yes. And it could be. I have been able to use the box in 1st and reverse when cold to get it back into the garage. Felt like normal. But as soon as it gets to operating temperature, clutch slip occurs....

oh thats not good then! if you decide to sell i might be interested but would have to be resonable on price as i would need it rebuilt