The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BW91/79 Single Project

GlennK

I can free up a port on the Syvecs as the ECU doesn't really need to know about oil temp ;)

Lyndon.

Lyndon,

Now that'll do nicely! But I emailed Larry at SP and he wouldn't say it was 100% bulletproof for this application...He did say it is a **must** to have a good ecu controlling any new autobox though - and a full strength 2nd gear sprag. So be interested to see how much we can tweak the Syvecs S6 for this - I think I've run out of spare ports on it though...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

**Update** Had a good mapping session yesterday at SRR. Ran it to 650bhp/600ftlbs at 1.8bar. Then swapped to a 4bar MAP sensor and remapped. Took it to 1.95bar boost and the engine was running sweet - and the new SRD Stage 4 autobox was perfect :D. BUT didn't get a conclusive set of numbers as the tyres lost traction.:blink: All I can say is the road test left a big smile on my face. Now a rough calculation says 1/9th more boost (at 2bar) should give a 1/9th more power. That means it is showing around 710bhp and 650ftlbs. Which feels about right TBH. And SRR calculates on a manual box so the figures for the autobox are on the conservative side... Anyhow the car is set up with the S366 pushed to its limit and holding boost all the way up. Impressive fast spooling street turbo. Thinking of a larger one now...;)

And need to get bigger rears - ideally 305s on my 18" rims.

**Update** Had a good mapping session yesterday at SRR. Ran it to 650bhp/600ftlbs at 1.8bar. Then swapped to a 4bar MAP sensor and remapped. Took it to 1.95bar boost and the engine was running sweet - and the new SRD Stage 4 autobox was perfect :D. BUT didn't get a conclusive set of numbers as the tyres lost traction.:blink: All I can say is the road test left a big smile on my face. Now a rough calculation says 1/9th more boost (at 2bar) should give a 1/9th more power. That means it is showing around 710bhp and 650ftlbs. Which feels about right TBH. And SRR calculates on a manual box so the figures for the autobox are on the conservative side... Anyhow the car is set up with the S366 pushed to its limit and holding boost all the way up. Impressive fast spooling street turbo. Thinking of a larger one now...;)

Sounds good Glenn, have you seen my billet upgrades for the Borg Warner turbos?

Thats an amazing result. Glad to read about the box being good and taking the power. Thats next on my shopping list but got to save up for that.

Get some vids

Hi Luc, Yep. 264/264.

And I see you are trying out the new BW billet upgrade. What's the performance improvement like?

Oh yes. The engine will be re-assembled next week. Then comes the running in time, and mapping beginning of April.

I'm looking to come (with the new BL 366 turbo) as close as possible to 900 bhp.

• 6 months later...

Hi Luc, it was running ok but I had to replace the EGT probe as the readings were all over the place. Seems ok now. The new SRD custom built autobox continues to impress. Solid performance and gear changes. Would love to know what torque it can handle...

But I haven't had an opportunity to get it hub dyno'd this year. So a still do not know what its power figures are. On high boost it feels like it will take off :cool:

I wasn't on the rollers mate ... only met Ryan for some adjustments (got the latest Syvecs software, some fine tuning at idle and low revs to have it more streetable) and the setting up of the Toucan will all the sensors and alarms.

My Michelin semi-slick tires are rubbish for the rollers, as they will heat up too much and slip. I will stick to the hub dynos. I had a chat with Charlie, and he guessed 750 at the hubs should be around 820-830 bhp. I won't give it a try though...it pulls really hard from 4000 to the 8k rev limiter. :D