The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Did N/A Supras move onto VVTi engines or was it just the TT's ?

clarky666

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh come on he makes me laugh with all his 'Beast' comments. I wonder how small he felt after Reading this thread back.

Hehe quality.

I'll refrain from using the obvious comparison to your anatomy (DOH! Too late!) but I'm sure that you can work it out, being so smart and all.

Actually, I did feel 'somewhat less than appreciated', yes, so a victory to the resident experts.

Reading my comments and understanding them may take more effort than you are willing to apply. That isn't my fault. Believe me, it takes a waaaay open mind!

I am happy to take back any incorrect statements but saying that most of my posts are 'wrong' demands qualification.

Start a 'Beast Hating' thread and list them if you feel so strongly; I've got all day!

As for the user name, sorry but DaveL. doesn't have much of a ring to it!

Perhaps I'm just another attention whore?

So why exactly did you buy your cars gentlemen, and spend thousands on them?

I can take abuse but not hypocrisy. Abuse can be forgiven due to ignorance.

Hey, isn't it great to slag people off behind the protection of a personal computer? Would this have happened in a pub or at work? Face to face? I doubt it.

It's like virtual road rage being on here and to think, I actually apologised for saying that there's too much testosterone in here!

Also, to re-assure another poster, I do take this seriously but I also trust others to do their own research and not rely on the views of only one source.

Keep in mind the intention of a post before nitpicking the details when you didn't write it.

In other words, you are saying that you are right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong?

That is depsite the fact that near everything you posted so far has real world proven data to show you are incorrect in your wildly inaccurate statements.

I'm still saying this is a wind up, no one can be this insular to be a real persona.

In other words, you are saying that you are right and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong?

That is depsite the fact that near everything you posted so far has real world proven data to show you are incorrect in your wildly inaccurate statements.

I'm still saying this is a wind up, no one can be this insular to be a real persona.

Blimey, you're putting words in my mouth now.

I shall refrain from posting in future and just read the information provided. I didn't realise that this would be a physics exam, that's all.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Beast you are new so im not going to be to nasty.

Your not "hated" or even disliked lets not play that one. If your posting in semi tech threads be prepared to be corrected. I have been here quite along time but im dam sure that over 90% of people know more about these cars than me.

What gets peoples goats is people offering advise that is wrong. No offence but the little Auto box thread was an example of that. More so when you claim to be able to do what NO ONE without a turbo has done and tune and increase an n/a to TT speeds. Barney is close i suggest you read his thread before even trying it.

I do however think people need to get over the whole you paid way to much for your car and the roof scoop thing. The car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it

On topic i saw a lexus with a VVTI n.a lump in it. Is there any reason to do the swap other than being different? I trust the tuning and power is about the same as the non lump

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

I must apologise for my rather harsh comment last night.. i had a tad much to drink at that point.

Apologies but seriously before posting your replys look it up 1st as if you get it wrong you will get corrected !

Good Morning.

I'll refer you to the attached images regarding the Auto Box thread comments I made. These referred to this and other CD manuals and should clarify my position. Only quoting the book but it's clearly not 100% Toyota content.

Second page mentions the NA's having VVTI but wouldn't place too much store in that info but this is supposed to be a reprinted translation of the Japanese version.

User Manual Iside Cover.jpg

User Manual Page 19.jpg

User Manual Page 108.jpg

User Manual Page 109.jpg

User Manual Page 110.jpg

User Manual Page 111.jpg

User Manual Page 114.jpg

User Manual Second Page.jpg

Well bugger me...

Snow mode is a trac control setting on facelift cars, its a button on the dash. However that gearbox thing is total pish. I should use the box when going up and down hills? And lock it into 3rd for traffic? the MPG would be awful. Not to mention the auto box will move around on its own anyway in D?

However next time im going down some sand dunes i will put it in 1

I could carry on but i dont want to spoil others fun.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Crikey this has created a monster lol - was just an innocent and honest question !

The 2JZ-GE VVTi lump only went into the US Supra's as far as I'm aware.

Is that agreed on, or not?

EDIT:

Found this whilst looking around on the subject - it's a Toyota sales brochure from 1998 - although i cannot understand Japanese it would look like it backs up the theory and post i quoted from AlexM that the N/A's stuck with the old style engine with a few upgrades whilst the TT's got the VVTi in the Japanese market ?

Edited by clarky666 (see edit history)

LMAO

So the whole time we have been using it wrongly. Sticky this please.

I want more pics of your car, followed by a project thread with your engine build.

Oh, ermmm, as I've said a couple of times here and there, the engine build won't be for another couple of years, as I still have a GMC Typhoon 4.3V6 bare block on my kitchen worktop!

I'm supposed to be working in the garden building my workshop but..........

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

Anyway, as I've said, just be careful of the fluid temperature in the auto box. Of course it's common knowledge but not everyone knows these things. To repeat myself, it's the number one cause of auto box failure, besides clutches and sprags but that's another thread.

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

Oh, ermmm, as I've said a couple of times here and there, the engine build won't be for another couple of years, as I still have a GMC Typhoon 4.3V6 bare bloke on my kitchen worktop!

I'm supposed to be working in the garden building my workshop but..........

BOOOOOOOOOOO :p whats the plans with the v6