The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring 2011

wile e coyote

I am thinking of organising a trip to the Nurburgring this time next year using these guys http://www.nurburgringuk.com/index.php or http://www.ultimate-gt.com/

Was going to do some sort of savings club so people can start paying in earlyer to stretch out the costs. This will obviously need 2 sygnatures.

Please add your name if interested and thoughts

Thanks Darren

1: Wile e Coyote

2:Barneybrendon

3:

4:

5:

6:

Edited by wile e coyote (see edit history)

What is it you actually want to do with the companies Darren? A ring trip (as in going to drive around) is easily done without any third parties so what would they add to the experience?

If its maybe just say 6 cars then easy to organise but if it turns out to be say 20 and above then they will organise everything.

This is a reply i had:

I run a business called Ultimate-GT and our mission is taking drivers clubs and individuals on driving trips across the UK and Europe. This year we have taken the Lamborghini UKOC to Amsterdam, taken individuals to the 'Ring, and we have a full group of Italian car owners coming with us to the Highlands in 3 weeks. We also have a deal in place with Cosworth Europe to take all Subaru Cosworth CS400 away on a trip, and we are thankfully going from strength to strength with every trip we take.

I would love to discuss this with you as we have deals in place with the Eurotunnel, European hotels all around the 'ring (and the other countries we visit), SPA, we even have agreed a deal at the 'ring for cheaper laps for anyone with our group. We can therefore offer excellent value for money. We also make a point of plotting an afternoon drive through some of the best local country roads for each club interested in this type of Grand Tour.

We would love to take the Supra owners club, I'm sure we will be able to plot a route, budget, hotels, dates etc that would not only be ideal for you guys, but I am also confident we can beat any of our competitors on price.

We lead all our trips personally in our Lead Lamborghini Gallardo, so we should be able to keep up with some of your mad power Supra's, and we also generate branded media content for your club that you can post on youtube etc.

I would be interested in hearing from you, talk about what you are thinking about arranging in terms of events and trips, and discuss in more detail how I can get you extra value for money, offer your members a more memorable trip and provide a thoroughly well-organised, stress free event allowing you and your members to simply focus on keeping up with the lead car and enjoying the roads and scenery.

If its maybe just say 6 cars then easy to organise but if it turns out to be say 20 and above then they will organise everything.

I'm still not sure what they'll add to it, but I'll wait and see what the cost is if you decide to organise a trip via that route.

I will be in for at least one ring trip next year, it would be nice to have one with the Supra club so put my name down. :)

How someone can charge for 'hosting' this trip is beyond me. The OP would still land up doing as much organising. These are the steps I follow:

1) Reserve accomodation (use Ben Lovejoy's site as guide and book well in advance) - settle bill at checkout

2) Suggest Channel Tunnel crossing time - everyone books individually

3) Type 'Nurburgring' into satnav.

Done!

The hard bit is getting people to commit to going. There is bound to be someone in the group that knows what they are doing and has been before.

Im only gettings numbers at the moment to see who is interested then i can get a cost and exactly what we get for our monies

The organising of something like this takes time and effort which is where the extra small cost will come into, that i would be willing to pay for.

I'll follow this thread with interest to see what the costs are, but the idea of sponsoring someone to drive their Gallardo to the ring and back sounds painful.

As a baseline: room rate at the ring should be 35 quid ppn assuming 2 people sharing, Channel Tunnel should be less than 100 quid return. The rest is made up of laps, petrol, food and booze.

All of the above you can book and pay for individually so apart from promoting the trip dates/convoy on here the 'organiser' doesn't have to be involved.

Will be a great trip whichever you choose to arrange it :)

Interested:

01. wile e coyote

02. Barneybrendon

03. JamieP

04. Ricky49

05. m life

06. AlexM

07. jim jimmy1

08. lamboyello

09. SupraDan24

10. bradleyh 15

11. BOB B

I would be surprised if we could get that many confirmed on one trip, though it would be very nice. :)