The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i think im losing the love

Rob_Mitchell

My TT autobox maybe for sale soon mate.

Also i will have loads of TT parts coming up next month if your interested like:

1st and 2nd CW decats and restrictor ring

Walbro fuel pump

RS*R catback exhaust

TT turbo pipes

TT inlet manifold

TT throttle body

:)

may very well be interested jamesy, i know i need the autobox too and all the wiring looms. then surely its just a case of dropping it all in and connect it all up? what with the dash cluster thing??

thanks guys im sort of feeling bit better now i know what to do next- paul at whiffbitz is doing that single kit thats another option but like said above i might be limited :search:

Cheaper to do a TT conversion, plus you can get more out of it in the long run. With an NA-T, you are limited.

your never limited. na-t is the same as going single , if you spend the money there is no reason why you cant get the same results as a tt thats gone single .

the only limiting factor will be how deep your walet is.

yeah when speaking to you before craig i know its possible and the research i have done on it shows it can be done, but to be honest the funds for tt conversion suit me better i think... how much roughly can i get a engine,gearbox and everything else needed for? obviously low mileage is recommended?

well this is how i worked things out

na na

na-tt 330bhp £1.5-2k na- na-t basic 330bhp £1-2k

tt- single stage 1 550ish bhp £5-8k na-t stage 2 550ish bhp £5-8k

i looked through weeks and weeks and many pages of reading with a calculator and it all levelled out pretty much . UNLESS you are paying someone els for labour. then the tt would come in cheaper because for the na-t stage 2 its pretty much and engine strip down and rebuild with low comp pistons .

im not saying tt isnt the best way to go by any means, i just think there are many miss placed doubts of turboing the ge

Ha, starting to feel the same as me huh. Yeah its a bugger isnt it all your grand plans work out and get done then you get bored.

TT it and then go from there

well to be honest everything else is done- bodywork,interior all trimmed, new coilovers, brand new wheels and tyres.

it seems a shame to sell it and buy a tt so ill prob drop the engine and gearbox in myself.

lol all that money spent on chrome and polishing everything all needs to be done again lol

If it is just power that you are hungry for then soon you will want a single turbo, then a big single. You should be able to enjoy your car cruising along, I love poodling along in mine & then sometimes giving it the beans. I am edging towards a single turbo as well but I doubt I'd get bored with the TT setup, nothing comes close to the effortless drive.