JamieP

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did two more.

10.9 at 138

10.6 at 140

I got lots of wheel hop on both them runs so I'm giving up now before I break a diff, happy with my 10.5@138mph for now, going for 9's at suprapod;)

I still have the billet diff cover dude;)

Yeah very happy considering the wheels i had on the car, im confident the car has a 9 in it now.

Just got home, only got a couple of videos, just looking at them now.

I still have the billet diff cover dude;)

I dont think i will need it with the 15's mate, never got wheel hop last year.

Nice work! So did you end up second? And is the Golf driven on the road? :)

I dont know yet, lots of cars still racing when i left, the golf turned up on a trailor and was a stripped out drag car.

I did both my runs with air-con blasting and in total comfort:D

Just got back myself, fist thanks to Jamie for the invite, been really good giving the car a thrash today.

Sadly I didn't get the 11.x I was after, driver skill probably being the biggest factor :D

I ran quite a few 12.3's (didn't get the 12.2) which were:

60ft   1/4 E/T   1/4 MPH
2.25   12.30     114.2
2.20   12.31     119.0
2.20   12.39     123.7

I got another 12.35 which I didn't pick the slip up for but my mate got on camcorder (uploading it now & will put up shortly)

I had a boost problem with the car meaning *sometimes* I would fall back to wastegate spring 1.0 BAR during 3rd & 4th gears. I think this explains why my terminals were all over the place, my highest terminal of the day was 125.5, but only managed a 12.7 on that run.

Jamie kindly offered to borrow me his wheels to get the 11, but I declined, I wanted to achieve it on my current rims & tyres.

I do believe with a bit more tweaking & practice I can get into the high 11's though.

Vid of the best run, it's in HD if you view it via youtube

cTb6esnqMJc

Also my fastest terminal

MjnHxi93tcI

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

Is that the one that Ryan maps? Runs a GT4094r?

Nah that one is a mk2 i think, its bigger anyhow, he was having a gear linkage issue when i spoke to him, certainly had potential to do a great time, think he has done a 10.6 in the past, again though its a fully stripped drag car.

Just got back myself, fist thanks to Jamie for the invite, been really good giving the car a thrash today.

Sadly I didn't get the 11.x I was after, driver skill probably being the biggest factor :D

I ran quite a few 12.3's (didn't get the 12.2) which were:

60ft   1/4 E/T   1/4 MPH
2.25   12.30     114.2
2.20   12.31     119.0
2.20   12.39     123.7

I got another 12.35 which I didn't pick the slip up for but my mate got on camcorder (uploading it now & will put up shortly)

I had a boost problem with the car meaning *sometimes* I would fall back to wastegate spring 1.0 BAR during 3rd & 4th gears. I think this explains why my terminals were all over the place, my highest terminal of the day was 125.5, but only managed a 12.7 on that run.

Jamie kindly offered to borrow me his wheels to get the 11, but I declined, I wanted to achieve it on my current rims & tyres.

I do believe with a bit more tweaking & practice I can get into the high 11's though.

Vid of the best run, it's in HD if you view it via youtube

Nice seeing you today mate, they are still respectable times, people dont realise how hard it is to get into the 11's or 10's in a manual car.

Nice seeing you today mate, they are still respectable times, people dont realise how hard it is to get into the 11's or 10's in a manual car.

You too bud :thumbs:

I realise that now bud, I sort of set my expectations too high I guess, I realised that after 20 odd run & still couldn't beat 12.3 :D

Maybe Suprapod will get me there :D