NOS

NOS for my Supra?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. NOS for my Supra?

• Yes
    • No
    • Or just the sticker and an inflatable fake bottle

Guest Romeo1

It works for me, like having an extra gear at the ready, only ever blown a hose using it and that was when I used it in 3rd gear in an overexcited moment. Have fun!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from the states?

i looked into nos a while back it was frowned upon to use a U.S bottle over here im sure i was told nobody will refill a U.S bottle over here has that changed?

Aye, I've had the same issue in the past, because US bottles don't have a kite mark on them.

How long does it last then and whats the best sorts shop to get a re-fill ?

Might get the bottle re-filled when im home and test it out

Get mine from local yank tuning shop, you should be able find local to you on the net:eyebrows:

Thanks for the genuine replies.

For all the others who replied sarcastically, a middle finger up to you.

Have ordered a NOS system from the US and have sourced a fitter.

Thanks

I'm afraid if you want to be taken seriously, and not attract sarcasm, then you need to stop quoting lines from juvenile comedy films, in the same breath as asking if NOS is a good idea for your 400BHP Supra, which incidentally is enough for a lot of people here, if you want to be quicker then convert to single turbo, if you want genuine credibility, or move to the US and get NOS:rolleyes:

Oh! and change your user name too.

I'm afraid if you want to be taken seriously, and not attract sarcasm, then you need to stop quoting lines from juvenile comedy films, in the same breath as asking if NOS is a good idea for your 400BHP Supra, which incidentally is enough for a lot of people here, if you want to be quicker then convert to single turbo, if you want genuine credibility, or move to the US and get NOS:rolleyes:

Oh! and change your user name too.

Hahahaha !!

You do NOT need Nitros Oxide for Mondello.

In a Supra you need lots of brakes, tyres and a diet.

There are a maximum of two straights on Mondello you'd even get the chance to use laughing gas but I guarantee you that unless you have the stoppers to pull up up for the hairpin at the end of each straight you are going home on the back of a recovery wagon.

Your enthusiasm is commendable bud but there is right way and a wrong way to get noticed on a track. Having your motor righted by a teleporter is not an experience you want.

I'll be at Mondello on Friday the 14th of May. If you are really serious about tracking the car, which is a decision that will decide every single future modification you make to your Supra, try and get down and we'll have a look at whats possible and whats unnecessary for your purpose.

Nothing wrong with using nitrous... as long as you're doing it properly and not just bolting it in there because Brian O'Connor did.

Did you car top out at 140mph this morning?

Luckily not. "I do have a heavy foot though" :D

• 1 month later...

I'm just curious what type of NOS kit it is? Direct Port? Wet, Multipoint.... who makes it? Would be good to see what sort of useable gains and how long you can boost for (without blowing welds on the intake hehe:)) how are you going to control the Fuelling/NOS mix?

Although i am curious about this, I would not be interested in installing NOS on my car as I cannot see the point of it as its only a temporary performance increase (I'm all for repetitive performance) and If I was to use it as a "last resort" then I don’t think I would feel as satisfied as if would have been if I didn’t have to use it..... would feel kind of cheated.

Each to their own though mate :) Its your pride and joy at the end of the day and you can do with it as you like, doesnt really matter what other people think, hope it goes well mate.

Keep us posted, would be good to see it in action (Although when you do a little less of the film quotes would be good:))