The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra crash at Ace Cafe 3 April 2010

Multics

Was bored and drove down to Ace Cafe with the Polo.

The place was full of people, mostly chavs with Corsas. The carpark was packed with "tuned" cars, bass contest and half naked "models". There were a few tasty cars and noticed two or three Supras as well. Then the burnouts and "drifts" started around the little roundabout then this happens:

He made a runner, the Ace Cafe van was in a bad shape and he broke a concrete pylon as well (can't see it in the vid)... Luckily nobody was injured as I said the place was packed. Police came straight away.

So, was it you??!! :eyebrows:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a couple of incidents at that roundabout and I have only been there about 6-8 times. I missed the police chopper call out at one of the events. That would've been fun to watch. :D

I do miss the ace cafe. Nothing better than 15 rx7s leaving in convoy making rip down the a406!!

Infact multics that's where I met you. You probably can't remember - I do as you were the only skyline which turned up once. ;)

While agreeing with Michael and Gav, will they get the book thrown at them? From watching various "cop" programmes on telly it seems the punishments for such misdemeanours in England are very minor compared to Scotland. SOme get off with official warnings when you would be more likely to get jail here

Yeah i cant be bothered with meets where anyone can turn up in whatever hidious corsa or badly modded shed they have... IMO chavs ruin it all of the time, you always get some fool decide to act like a t*at and ruin the reputation of others, or try and steal things off cars... what a waste of skin these people are.

I am too with Michael all the way on this one.. "Hope whoever it is gets the book thrown at them"

Im just going to stick to the Sunday service Pistonheads meets and the ones arranged on here i think, far more grown up and people who are actually petrolheads not pillheads.

I had to replay that about 4/5 times, so this guy just slowly drove towards the van and crashed into it? :blink:

It looks slow on the video but he basically locked the brakes and went straight into the van/pylon.

To me it's total lack of common sense. I don't mind a few burnouts or straight line acceleration IF the road is totally clear but in this case as I said, the place was really busy with people filming stuff on their mobiles in the middle of the road. Just after the crash a Civic passed straight through the middle of the roundabout almost crashing into another car (guy coming out from work, there's lots of people working shifts there), the Civic must have been doing double the speed limit, easily... :taped:

Liking the "Oh... Hell... Yeah" at 0.04 :)

As for the driver, I hope his car will cost alot to fix!

I'd been wanting to go to the Ace cafe for ages, I didn't realise it was like this at all!

It's not always like this (not seen the vid as at work but judging by feedback). Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Normally supra or rx7 only events are ok. Its when its a mix the problems start.

I'd been wanting to go to the Ace cafe for ages, I didn't realise it was like this at all!

I've walked past it once when I was going to see someone at Wembley Arena. It's quite a small venue for meets: you'd need to be really into car meets to travel from Yorkshire IMO. :) Mind you, that was on a grey Sunday afternoon, and that part of London is not known for its glamour!