Gauging Interest - Roll Cage

Supra_Scott

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like the look of the Cusco cage that 'Jamie P' recently sold, i think something along these lines will be the benchmark. Jamie if you don't mind could you please Email me some pic's of the cage and mounting points so i can go to the manufacturer with them as an idea to base the cage around.

As soon as the Mod's authorise the Group Buy we are talking a matter of weeks for the cages. When we have enough people (idealy 10 to keep prices as in this thread) it will take them approx 3 days to design and build the full range i.e Rear, full and door bars etc then they will make the ones we want for the group buy.

It is a question i will ask the manufacturer Gav. The cage hasn't been designed or made yet, the pic's are puerly of one they made 5 years ago for a customer to the customers spec. This is why i've started the post as we will have some input in the design i.e mounting points etc. If i get authorisation from the mod's and enough genuine interest i will pass all the info from this thread to the manufacturer, sit down with them and see what they think, then i'll post the final spec's here and start collecting deposits. I know its hopeful but i would like cages in cars enad of April/ start May.

The plates that you weld onto the body shell to spread the loads would probably come unpainted, but there's no reason the cage itself shouldn't be pre painted. I am assuming the cage itself will fit in through the doors as a fully welded assembly, and comes as such. If I were having one I'd have it powder coated, even if it added a few bob. Seems a very good price!

I want a white one but my dad can do that for me :D

Good point about the cage actually fitting in the car?! If it comes all built as its welded the only way I can see it fitting is through the boot but having to remove all the seats ect until its in place?

I dont see how this cage is legal for racing, it certainly will not be legal for sanctioned drag racing events if you run under 10.5 maybe not even for the slower cut off either, it does not have a bar to stop the seat folding back for a start and the front cage will now have to go thru the dash or come down straight from the roof bar (side) to the floor, which will be 1/2 way across the door opening, it does not tie into the rear suspension mounts so therfore does very little to really stiffen the car, seems silly to spend that much money on something that will not pass scrutineering if you want to compete.

I dont see how this cage is legal for racing, it certainly will not be legal for sanctioned drag racing events if you run under 10.5 maybe not even for the slower cut off either, it does not have a bar to stop the seat folding back for a start and the front cage will now have to go thru the dash or come down straight from the roof bar (side) to the floor, which will be 1/2 way across the door opening, it does not tie into the rear suspension mounts so therfore does very little to really stiffen the car, seems silly to spend that much money on something that will not pass scrutineering if you want to compete.

If any car goes under 10.5 does it need a cage to run at the pod?

Looks amazing but little more than I personlly would have simply down to cost! I can imagin that's a few quids worth and seeing as imy car isn't a track car I would find it hard to justify that kind of money

That chaser on the website its stunning!!

And the skyline cage at the top seems simple and affective and more to my personal requirements

Just to keep everyone up to date, here is the latest email from the manufacturer:-

Thanks for getting back to us, I am pleased to see that there is a good amount of interest in the cage proposal. I have had a read though all of the responses and there are a few things that I think I should clarify before anything goes official:

The realistic time-scale of the development for a full cage is going to be at least a week, more likely 2. A rear would be quicker, but it makes sense for us to be able to offer a full cage.

From having a pattern, it would then be 4 - 6 weeks to have some produced and ready for sale.

Our development shop is currently booked up to the end of the month with other developments, so we would not be able to start until early May.

When it comes to developing the cage, we are obviously looking to have something that suits everyone's needs, so any input in preferred mounting points etc. is appreciated. We will only really be able to confirm these details once we have the car in our hands, so to speak.

The cage will be a fully welded assembly (apart from any with removable diagonals) and the only welding required will be on the fitting kit plates supplied. The cage itself will come in black powder coat as the standard finish - other colours are available at a surcharge of £50 (red, grey, silver, white).

The front cage will be made up of 3 separate parts, 2 x front legs (LH & RH) and a screen rail, all of which will be bolted into position. These could be removed quite easily if required. We will aim to have the legs avoiding the dash as best possible - although some modification may be inevitable.

We can also offer a single fixed diagonal with harness bars for £350.00 - this option was not included originally.