The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carl's Black Single

CarlT67

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that looks so much nicer with the skirts and front bumper replaced :thumbs: Lovely looking machine and the wheels work really well with the stock lines.

Thanks Homer, yeah I am really happy with the way the wheels site and their offsets, just looking back at them pictures the car could really do with a clean....

I'm being *really* picky now, but the front driver side bonnet is a few mm too high. There's an rubber adjuster on the front slam pannel you can wind down to bring it back down a little (just in case you didn't know already)

Sorry, OCD again :D

I'm being *really* picky now, but the front driver side bonnet is a few mm too high. There's an rubber adjuster on the front slam pannel you can wind down to bring it back down a little (just in case you didn't know already)

Sorry, OCD again :D

I hadn't noticed that, I know the adjuster your talking about, worth winding down a little me thinks....

Today I received my heat shielding today to protect the heat from the clutch and brake master cylinders.

The sheeting is really easy to work with and only required trimming with some tin snips.

I also relocated the boost controller solenoid so the area by the air filter looks a little more tidy, still need to replace the silicon hoses when I find a suitable replacement.

Here are the results....

The space behind the sheeting is noticeably cooler now which is obviously much safer, hopefully my turbo blanket will arrive tomorrow morning so I can stick that on as well, that'll also hopefully help to keep the temps down.

you got no reinforment brackets that fit on top of the struts.. the bolts are just bolted down onto the chassis..

dunno if you care lol, but i thought ide point it out lol

Thanks for spotting that, I will get that sorted asap, dont want the bolt heads pulling through the mounts.

I fitted my MVP turbo blanket today and its smoking like mad...! Is this normal? I did notice a small oil like looking stain in it but this is more smoke than that patch. I bought it second hand off a member on here so it could have had oil split on it even though it was never fitted.

They all do it a little from new, dont worry about it unless it catches fire:D

Few, I could smell something, had a look under the bonnet and saw it puffing away, smells awful. Cheers mate and thanks for the front lip!

You drove past me a few days ago in Crawley, I have to say your car looked and sounded awesome!

Loving the diffuser

Thanks dude...! :thumbs:

That looks absolutely stunning Carl :thumbs: The wheels and stance look pretty much perfect with the black paint. Have to say that looks wise that's one of the nicest looking supras on the forum IMO.

Still don't like the defuser though, sorry :D