The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cruise control retro fit

David P

:lol:

PWNED

But to be fair that does answer your question.

Expect to receive stick from people making claims that your NA will go from 70-100 just by flexing your foot less than a MM.

Hell that's faster than some single so yours must be wopping out the power!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The purpose of this thread is to try and find the last piece of the 'how to retro fit cruise' puzzle, both for my benefit, and others that have tried and failed.

As yet, there has been little positive response, but along the way, I have answered the questions of others.

These honest answers have lead to persons changing the subject and throwing toys out of their pram, and it is interpreted that it is me who is not being fair.

Strange old place sometimes, this Supra World. ;)

Guest SupraGTE

i will change Matrix on an NA 1994 tomorrow i will take a look when dash is removed,for it as it also has the connector in engine bay . if no luck i can ask the japanese guy at work

Hello you 'Old Dog', :)

If you find it, send me a text, because (weather permitting) I will be under the dash, not next to the computer.

I am hoping to find it behind the fuse box, but if not, it would be a great help if you find it elsewhere, there are a a lot of wires both wrapped, plastic shielded and mounted behind akward and sharp components.

Cheers

Ahaaa :idea:

Here is a man that drives the answer to where the green ECU connector block could be hiding. :)

Any chance of you undoing two 10mm bolts and taking a look up behind the clock from underneath to see which direction the wires run from, and/or where it legs into the loom please?

Is yours auto or manual?

Ahaaa :idea:

Here is a man that drives the answer to where the green ECU connector block could be hiding. :)

Any chance of you undoing two 10mm bolts and taking a look up behind the clock from underneath to see which direction the wires run from, and/or where it legs into the loom please?

Is yours auto or manual?

Auto mate.

And unscrew what where and how?:D I have to remove the wheel at some point i could trace it then?

Some looms didn't have the cruise connector block. A person on here has retrofitted cruise three times, and one time the block wasn't there - rest assured he knew where it lives due to previous excursions. He had to make his own connectors and wire it in manually.

I'll be interested in measuring the amazing throttle position claims at the same time I see the mpg stuff unfold before my very eyes.

I have traced the wire from the stop light switch, that should go to the cruise ECU connector block, and it disappears with a bundle more over the top of the heater matrix, I would suspect that is where it could be found, yet not enough time today to strip it out that far in, that will have to wait for Easter.

Ian, any chance of comfirmation from the man that has done this

retro fit?

Stefan, did you find it behind the matrix you have taken out?

If you cant see the green plug at first glance, its not there. Most cars that didnt have cruise from the factory dont have the link coming from the loom into the green plug. A few did though, but its easy to spot without any stripping, so if you cant see it, you've not got one and the job becomes a whole new ball game.

Auto mate.

And unscrew what where and how?:D I have to remove the wheel at some point i could trace it then?

The cruise ECU is fixed to the dash support frame behind the clock, to see up there you need to remove the 2 x 10mm bolts holding the lower dash panel. If you could manage to take a photo of where the wires go to, it would help.

Thank you

I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't there either, sounds to me like it could be a bit hit and miss whether or not you have the connectors, a bit like the active spoiler loom/plugs etc!

When searching for the active front spoiler plugs/looms I couldn't find not one plug in my car for it, but some supra's have the plug near the head light for the motor but no plugs behind the dash etc! So it sounds to me like the same thing! :(

Rob,

There is one last chance.

The colours of the wires do not correlate with the Toyota Workshop Bible, but have traced the route of the stop light wire that should go straight to the ECU block, but goes into a bundle that dissapears over the heater matrix.

I cannot see from the wiring diagrams where this goes, and it doesn't come out on the other side?

I need a 6 pin 'whirlygoround' for the steering column to cope with the cruise, Tipronic controls and horn.

I will have a good lurk around at Keron's breakers whilst I am there. They are all TT's, but the ECU is the same.

Even if the block is not there, I still plan to get this cruise control in, so anything I can learn about the wiring will be usefull, and an ECU socket will be top of my shopping list.

There must be someone out there with this loom in his shed, having a good laugh ;)

Edited by David P (see edit history)