The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cruise control retro fit

David P

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SupraGTE

main electrical loom from engine bay starts and ends at both kickpanels on left and right foot compartment so thats one part so that can have the connector , and also the steering column is a seperate part and that why can have a connector, then you have the 3 part the dashboard loom, as there seams to be 7 different part numbers for the instrument panel wirring loom between 93 and 97 that will be a chance some of the does not have the connector

hope it helps, maybe get dash loom from a car with cruise is easiest?

Further to the loom information from Stefan, and courtesy of Keron, I now have a, with cruise dash loom from a T.T. :) :)

I chose not to change in it's entirety, because of the 7 different types, I was not sure of compatibillity with N/A dash warning lights, etc. and really, really didn't fancy the job of a complete dash removal.

So opened it up and picked out just the cruise circuits, these I will use to form a supplimentary loom.

attachment.php?attachmentid=107790&d=1270499736

All non cruise wires removed, the connector blocks have been left on the ends of cruise wires to show me where they go, then just pop out the matching pins, swop it in and tape up like an Egyption mummy.

Simples........ I hope

attachment.php?attachmentid=107791&d=1270499736

Pleased I chose this route, as I found 4 broken wires in the cruise circuits, 2 cut during previous electrical alterations, 1 loose/disconnected OEM mini spade and 1 damaged/broken wire.

I am at the limits of my car 'sparkyness' here, and would have never solved a 4 wire fault after installation, pleased I chose not to bury a nightmare behind the dash.

Assuming this spaghetti bypass system works, I still have one last wiring conundrum. :search:

The control stalk I am using, came from a 99 Lexus IS200 SE, it is the same form as the Supra 3 spoke cruise stalk and fits perfectly, but I am not sure the wiring is the same, and the w/s manual is not very helpfull.

attachment.php?attachmentid=107792&d=1270499736

The Lexus stalk uses only 2 connections, but I am suspicious that the Supra stalk has 3 connections into the loom, because that's the amount of connections remaining through the, non-airbag, with cruise column loom and 4 pin 'whirlygoround'.

(1 for horn + 3 for cruise? Can't think what another could be for?)

I would really appreciate it, if someone who has a Supra cruise stalk, from or on a 3 or 4 spoke wheel, could please post a photograph to answer this?

Thank you

Edit: P.S. The wires at the bottom are from the tiptronic controls, and will be wired in at the same time via a replacement, 8 pin 'whirlygoround' and column loom.

js800_wires_001.jpg

js800_wires_003.jpg

js800_wires_009.jpg

Edited by David P (see edit history)