The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For any one wants a very sought after supra...

RobD

Surely the discount on insurance isn't more than the price difference between a Jspec TT 6spd and a UK TT 6spd? :shrug:

That depends on how long you keep the car for. The insurance "dividend" of having a UK car is a yearly thing, whereas the higher cost of buying a UK car is a one-off hit.

Its value really depends on what you want out of the car, good luck to the guy, I hope he gets what he is asking. Given its rarity, black, UK, six speed stock condition (UK wheels+ stock exhaust), low miles, then for a collector this could be a good investment of a future classic. As the base for modification forget it.

Its value really depends on what you want out of the car, good luck to the guy, I hope he gets what he is asking. Given its rarity, black, UK, six speed stock condition (UK wheels+ stock exhaust), low miles, then for a collector this could be a good investment of a future classic. As the base for modification forget it.

:yeahthat:

It's all about the car you want, not what you want to do to it. I agree that you'd choose a J spec if you wanted to mod it, but if you just wanted a reliable Supra that you can get serviced at any garage, this is the one to have.

:goodpost:

At that price? joking aint ya?

I bet i could get a very low miles year 2000 plus j-spec TT6 supra for less than that? sorry its not "sought after" car in my eyes, id rather have a j-spec than uk tbh.

:yeahthat:

How much do you think a 2002 would go for stock Jamie?

I think its a lot of money for what it is, if you take away the UK aspect then its worth 9-10K, I cant see 5K more just because its a UK. That price is single money...

I can see the appeal of a UK TT6 with low mileage. It's rare so it's hard to put a price on.

If there's a buyer out looking for an untouched (nearly) low mileage UK TT6, then it's worth £15k.. or more depending on how deep his pockets are.

At the end of the day, he can sell for whatever he wants. If it sells then fair play, if not then he keeps it or lowers the price. :)

its a lot of money, i wouldnt pay it but how many black uk manuals would have been made or are still about 20, 30? when most where autos like mine:(

i should put a 6 speed in mine and ask 10k for it and i would still be up money counting what i paid for the car and what the conversion would cost!

Is there any truth in that j. specs dont get the same amount of weather seal underneath as the uk cars?

It looked nice in the pics , seem to remember it had full history and

was around 100,000 miles, I think it was storm blue, dealer would have took it in P/Ex.

That's the thing though, those kind of miles put off most buyers, regardless of the myth we call Toyota build quality. A clean, honest black UK TT6 is both rare and desirable. Fair play to the seller IMO.

How much do you think a 2002 would go for stock?

just been looking what's for sale in Japan and most of the 2000,01 and 02's seem to be manly tiptronics at around the £10k mark (at the present x rates)before shipping charges etc and one or two manuals @ £11k + with varying mileages if that helps at all ;)

That's the thing though, those kind of miles put off most buyers, regardless of the myth we call Toyota build quality. A clean, honest black UK TT6 is both rare and desirable. Fair play to the seller IMO.

in that case 67,000 is hardly low, anything over about 40,000 is a moot point.

in that case 67,000 is hardly low, anything over about 40,000 is a moot point.

I suppose there are three 'bands' really. The sub 40k cars, the sub 100k cars and everything else.

A sub-40k UK TT6 would be worth more than £15k to anyone serious enough about buying the right car.