The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another fitted diffuser and vortex generator thread

hoff

What does the Vortex generator do? (and no need to reply 'generates a vortex' :D )

You pretty much answered your question :D watch a plane taking off and youll see the airflows that come off the wing tips, it'll be like that ;)

Slow the car down ;)

They do cause plenty of drag I would imagine. I dont think the down force they are supposed to create will be significant at road speeds. I may take them off for going down the strip to see what differance it makes, if any.

:D Looks good Adam are you going to be showing them off on the pancake run in two weeks ?

I'm hoping so mate:)

Cheers

-Ian-

When I read vortex generator I thought you were going to say you'd fitted one of those "electronic turbo" things off ebay in the air-intake.

I think I'd prefer one of those better. Not a fan I'm afraid. Nice car otherwise though!

Lol. No worries:)

Is there any proof these things actually do anything productive?

:D Nope

Got it on at last Adam look,s sound mate,hopefully me and Jamie will get ours on sometime this century. ;)

Cheers steve. Hopefully we'll see you down the unit soon mate. :)

Just to let anyone now if they are looking at buying one of these then it wont fit with an older style Nur Spec R as the exhaust hangs too low and it wont go on which i found out today very unhappy :(

Although it means i will probably sell my exhaust and buy one that fits with the diffuser :D

Just got to find one that will fit with it now!

They catch your lower leg if you aren't careful. As I know to my cost. I wondered what they were but was afraid to ask :) Has that noise gone now Hoff?

Sorry about that Chris:) Everything seems good so far, it was good drive home. 45 minutes turned into a somewhat longer journey:)

Many thanks Chris for the change of bearings and spotting the alternator one was shot too. And for moving the intercooler hosing for the beter clearance:)

anyone with one fitted mind doing this? :)

I'll tryand get it looked at:)