The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What car will be the next supra.

The Raven

350Z is a definate future tuning classic. Strong engine, capable of twin turbos, strong transmission, good looks, rear wheel drive and plenty of body kit options.

Lexus LFA is well out of the equation, as its too expensive BUT Lexus ISF is different and could well be a good option.

335i and 335D are both good options too, but all will be outnumbered on the tuning scene by the 350Z.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being a bit behind on the times not heard of it, lovely looking car gets my vote but would benefit from a larger engine than 2 litre maybe ?

I was thinking the same, but the AE86 has a small engine yet that is still worshipped.. (probably increased because of the lack of them more than anything)

You've got that very wrong. The LFA is exclusively made for the Lexus brand and has nothing to do with a "modern supra". Its a £250K supercar that never was ment to be an alternative to the GTR (nor will be) and very few will ever be made. The supra was "just" a medium priced GT made in mass production. 2 different worlds.

I suspect that the Z06 Corvette might get very popular when prices are down

WTF what i suggested was merely my opinion on what could have been the next supra not what is most definately the next supra also i did say that in my opinion it would have been the lexus lfa however i also said this would not be the case as the lexus was overpriced and built to be exclusive.

oh and i didnt say it had anything to do with a modern supra

your rant = epic fail

although if you look at the pic and compare it to a spoilerless supra it is remarkably similar

untitled.jpg

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

Jaguar XKR - it will be the peoples new hero...

I agree, it has all the boxes ticked that the supra does. Timeless looks, huge imposing styling, excellent performance.

The only thing I doubt it'll match is the tuning aftermarket stuff. Still, if I ever get a pair of sensible trousers, the XKR will be well on the radar.

But that'll be after my venture into yank territory with my next purchase being a 2ss 2010 Camaro.

There's one major drawback with this car, the pre 2005 cars which I'm assuming you're talking about don't come with a manual gearbox. :rolleyes:

I mean the latest one; sat it one at a guy salmon showroom - fell in love instantly.

It simply ticks all of the boxes, and is styled in a way that it will still be gorgeous in 15 years time.

I'm sure the depreciation one of these is terrible, so for the common man like me, it shouldnt take long until they're affordable.

I'm guessing khan or someone has already developed a bodykit for it, and no doubt someone has already started tinkering with the charger - before you know it, eveyone will be modifying them and they'll have a massive following

simply outstanding effort from jaguar, i'll be buying one

Out of curosity I thought I would get some figures (nothing better to do). :eyebrows:

I looked at 100 members who own Supra's

54% have manual gearboxes

46% have automatic gearboxes

:p

Yeah and 54 of them you already knew had manuals :p

I would have a stab in the dark and say there are at least twice as many autos as there are manuals in UK....like i say its just a guess.

I think something being missed here, and a major contributing factor to the mkiv Supra's popularity, is that it wasn't superseded with a mkv and is still the best available Supra you can buy.

I have been thinking about this for a while, trying to decide what to replace the Supra with.

I think alot of other cars popular with petrol-heads will struggle to reach the same legendary status as there is often a better, more modern version available or in the pipeline.

I like R34's but would always really want an R35,

I like the 350z but in a couple of years when the 370z has been on the road for a while it will probably look dated and I would want a 370. And so on.......

The mkiv Supra was and is the pinnacle. Nothing else replaced it therefore there is no natural progression onto something similar but better.

:D

I've been thinking about this, as I want another Supra but can't afford it at the moment, probably for another few years! So what will I be able to get instead if all the Supras are tatty and falling to bits!!

The thing is it needs to be slightly unknown (so no DB9), and a bit of a street sleeper (so no Porsche or Ferrari etc.), easily tunable (so no R35 GTR :D ), but still attractive and comfortable.