The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I too old for a Supra?

cobrastang

However today, going in the opposite direction, I saw a respectable late 30's/early 40's chap driving an unmolested, exceptionally clean Nissan 300zx and I thought, nice... hope you're enjoying it. Had it been a battered looking example with a baseball cap wearing idiot behind the wheel I would have thought... dear o dear....

That is soooo true, it the person that makes something, not the car itself

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi second post.Im 45 years young and about to go for a Supra.Am I too old?Do I have to be 20 and wear a baseball cap?

Howdy youngster... :D

It's a good question (the teenies in the club won't think so, but I understand how you feel).

Think I was 48 when I got my first one and I did have big reservations before going to my first club meet. Like you, I thought that they would be all bass, bling & baseball caps.

But no (well not all anyway) :D, the mixture of members is really good, don't think there's many older than me now (53 now) but I've never once felt that age was a problem.

Well I suppose it's a problem if you are only a twenty-something, pay mega insurance and have to worry about looking cool for the girls.

The only thing I personally won't do is have a huge spoiler, graphics and a cabin full of add-on gauges and crap.

Saying that, I must admit that I'm toying with getting rid of my Bomex'd, Veilsided car (see my garage) in favour of a tasteful nice black stocker (with more power) :D

Go for it...

G :)

No you're not. Really, at 45 you aint cool.;) Having said that you're definitely not too old. As said if you keep it pretty stock and don't go for any outlandish styling it's fine.

Btw I'm 41, I have a supra and I'm not cool. Just ask my 12 year old daughter.:D

Its probably the fact that your a 41 year old driving an N/A and not a TT that makes you uncool to your 12 year old daughter;)...you know when your old is when you worry more about going to fast:) than just looking cool:p

Age is just a state of mind, well until the body lets you down;)

Anyway being three years off a bus pass, and owning a slightly mad looking single turbo Supra, some might call me immature, but whoever said there had to be limits on what you enjoy or makes you feel good;)

Whether you like mad kitted cars, or the classic look, its up to you, if you like the Supra or any car etc just do what make you feel good, life's too short to worry about others opinions of you.

Unless you drive an aerotop and wear a medallion:p

Age is just a state of mind, well until the body lets you down;)

Anyway being three years off a bus pass, and owning a slightly mad looking single turbo Supra, some might call me immature, but whoever said there had to be limits on what you enjoy or makes you feel good;)

Whether you like mad kitted cars, or the classic look, its up to you, if you like the Supra or any car etc just do what make you feel good, life's too short to worry about others opinions of you.

Unless you drive an aerotop and wear a medallion:p

Too right..

Seriously nice car you have there, with or without the spoiler.

I'm 44, and the right age to own a Supra, like most of the Uk's first owners.

The responsibility for the chav element is down to greedy importers bringing in wideboy dogs and having no respect for the car, anything for a sale.

What a wonderful car the Supra would be of there had never been imports, prices and respect would be way higher for the rare classic.

I'm 44, and the right age to own a Supra, like most of the Uk's first owners.

The responsibility for the chav element is down to greedy importers bringing in wideboy dogs and having no respect for the car, anything for a sale.

What a wonderful car the Supra would be of there had never been imports, prices and respect would be way higher for the rare classic.

Whilst there are some very tastefully uprated/modified Supra's on this forum and around the world, as you say, its the likes of the stupid barn door spoiler, failside rubbish that affects the reputation of these cars in addition to the idiots who cannot genuinely afford to run them. Thus resulting in several cars in a poor state looking hideous.

Hi second post.Im 45 years young and about to go for a Supra.Am I too old?Do I have to be 20 and wear a baseball cap?

Im 43 years young and getting my first supra next week,beannie and baseball cap inclded :)

No your not to old,But if you wear the baseball cap you might get pulled by the fashion police and get three points and a £60 fine:p

Of course not! Please don't tarnish the younger ones with the same brush though we aint all bad! :)

I don't tend to see any people around my age driving supra's , its usually 25 onwards! :)

the older lot are just jealous our cars look better and that we can drive them hard without our pacemakers going mad!!! LOL

Youngans 1 - Old Farts - 0 :D

63 years old and bought my supra last year.i went to fords of windsford about 20+years ago to buy a montego estate for me the wife 4 kids and the dog and saw a supra there.it looked stunning and still does today!when i go out i just put a balaclava to hide the wrinkles! ill be dead soon so sod it!

rocking horse $#@! unfortunately , it was made for the swedish market , as you know with them and safety issues , so it is made by toyota took me nearly two years to find one , and then it was battered when i eventually got it

Nuts!! What do Toyota call it (for searching purposes) and I can begin my quest - I really like that!

So is this guy getting one or not?

Yeha I will most probably be getting one.Id say 85% supra and13% clk 55amg merc 2% something else the mercs are quite tempting because they are a bit newer than most supras and have 350 standard horses but I would prefer a nice supra...more road presence :D