The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Am I too old for a Supra?

cobrastang

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 50. I own a Supra. I dont smell of wee either, as my colostomy bag is plumbed in to the heater matrix.

That's one car I don't want to be in when the heater matrix goes..

And as for the OP, welcome. And no, 45 is not too young. Think we've got a demograph here of 16 (didn't someone own one before they could drive?) to 60+. I hope you buy one and enjoy the club and contribute as well as benefit from here :)

well it seems Im too old,but I dont care im havingone anyway...I think they look better without the big rear spoilers,anyone agree?Very Aston martin lines without the spoiler.:cool:

my supra came without one and imo just looks wrong, its causing me a lot of hassle to get one fitted as the car colour isnt a standard colour. will be worth it in the end though :)

If you have to ask, then you should be driving something else,

Supras are for people who care not for others opinions, otherwise we would all be wearing medallions;):p

And driving aerotops too, I suppose? ;)

The Supra is a lovely car if it's kept as near as stock looking and looked after well, then anyone would appreciate it no matter how old you are.

And I'm a Burberry dressing gown wearing 78 year old, so I don't care a jot. :)

The car park at my clay shooting club is a sea of utility 4x4's Range Rovers and estates. If there was any situation where arriving in a Supra was going to make me feel self conscious about my car, that would be it. Not a bit of it...I'm into Supras because I love the car, the shape, the engineering, the reliability etc. I pick clients up from airports in it, I've parked it outside top flight hotels with pride, never felt anything other than buzzed when I drive it.

What others may think of my choice of car is up to them. Be yourself, and if you want a Supra, bloody well go out and buy one.

I wouldnt think of you being too old.

Who is the oldest owner on the site by the way does anyone know/want to admit :)

Good question

It's a question that has passed my mind on occasion, I mean a 40 yr old driving a loud single Supra, is it right? Maybe when I hit the big 40 I'll keep mine in the garage & drive a stock 2002 model :D, or not as the case may be :D

Totally agree that if it's stock (or nearly stock) it doesn't matter how old you are, they are timeless,

I think it has aged like a fine wine,and looks nicer today than when it came out.I had a nissan 200 and 300 at the time and thought the supra looked not as good back then.But a few side skirts and nice wheels make a world of difference.

I'm 25 and simply just love the car and have loved them for a good 5 years. Rather than just jumping into one I have had 7 cars before this one so have slowly built up to owning one. Best car I have owned and unlike every other car I can't imagine ever wanting to sell it.

I may be older but still pretty cool

No you're not. Really, at 45 you aint cool.;) Having said that you're definitely not too old. As said if you keep it pretty stock and don't go for any outlandish styling it's fine.

Btw I'm 41, I have a supra and I'm not cool. Just ask my 12 year old daughter.:D

Welcome TTC.

My Dad is 58 & although he never admits it, the times where I have let him drive the Supe he gets really excited (his daily car is a Mercedes C Class). An as mentioned by Chewie it was only over 40's who could afford MKIV Supra's when they came out! I hope to have one still when I hit 50!

Well the answer to that is NO!

I bought my car from a fellow forum member, who was, dare i say bit older than 45. He also owns a Lambo Gallardo and new GTR. Here he is whilst trekking through Europe;

He thoroughly enjoyed the Supra for about 10 years, even going abroad. He would have still kept it had Nissan not created the new GTR.

Unfortunately, being a Japanese performance car, many Supra's have fallen into the wrong hands, been hideously modified, featured in rubbish boy racer movies like fast n furious. This does the car no favours at all.

However today, going in the opposite direction, I saw a respectable late 30's/early 40's chap driving an unmolested, exceptionally clean Nissan 300zx and I thought, nice... hope you're enjoying it. Had it been a battered looking example with a baseball cap wearing idiot behind the wheel I would have thought... dear o dear....

Edited by DSK (see edit history)