Just f**ked the engine

jevansio

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jay did you shim the Cams?? or did they just drop in?? im looking at brian crower ones, which i might test?? :D

I measured the shim clearances as per the workshop manual & they were all within Toyotas tolerances, I used all the buckets & shims from the new head, I have a load of shims off the old head which I was going to use if I did need to reshim the the head

I measured the shim clearances as per the workshop manual & they were all within Toyotas tolerances, I used all the buckets & shims from the new head, I have a load of shims off the old head which I was going to use if I did need to reshim the the head

cool mate, all i needed to know. Cams here i come. :D

cool mate, all i needed to know. Cams here i come. :D

I bought a micrometer from Machine Mart for about £10 to measure the old shims, bought some feeler gauges to check the gaps, & was hoping the if I needed to swap any shims I'd have one in my spare batch (as they ranged from 2.5 to 3.2 mm), if I was unlucky I'd just have to buy new ones from Toyota

Its like watching my own car, sounds identical:cool:

:D

Great to see you up and running, you certainly didn't hang about either really considering your bad luck.

Your car sounds awsome in those short video's, I so love that chatter noise sounds so dirty....ha

Bet it sounds wicked in the car too, well done indeed!!

Cheers Lux, my crappy camera doesn't really do it justice, it can't handle it when it gets loud, for example when the RLTC kicks in, it's popping & screaming which sounds awesome, just the camera sound breaks up :)

I will definately have to see your beast in flesh Jay ... as it already sounds impressive on the small videos ;)

Many thanks guys :thumbs:

Really great effort Jay. :thumbs:. So from the ultimate feeling of guttedness, to the seriously good satisfaction of doing all that work yourself, (albeit with a little help from friends).

You must be feeling pretty good about it all really. :)

I sure am, I'm pleased it happened TBH :)

You did a fine Job there Jay, cant believe you started not knowing anything about repairing these cars to pulling a head off and replacing it . Another set of skills to your belt .:clap:

ps. Johns got a new car BMW M5 on a 57 plate , it goes like stink ..but the gearbox is terrible i think . Will get him round your house over the weekend .

Edited by michel lane (see edit history)