The mkiv Supra Owners Club

LeeP Of SRD Big Twins Supra on the Dyno today!

JamieP

Already got the wheels, just need the tyres.

Cheers

The problem is going to be the lag on the line but it certainly has the power now. I would be happy with a low 11.

Its more of a top end car really, looking forward to the thunder road if I can get in. Try and break the magic 200 mph :)

Do you not have Anti Lag/Launch control Lee???? Or not willing to risk the turbo's???? The yanks are using NOS purely to spool on the line, just a small 100 shot, if the car launched it would run some really good times but it will need to launch which will be tricky with those twins, either way its an aweome car dude.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you not have Anti Lag/Launch control Lee???? Or not willing to risk the turbo's???? The yanks are using NOS purely to spool on the line, just a small 100 shot, if the car launched it would run some really good times but it will need to launch which will be tricky with those twins, either way its an aweome car dude.

I have got 2 step but find it hard to build boost on the line, it tends to bog down a bit. I think nos is the only way to do it but not sure if I want to go down that route.

Jamie suggested line lock, get the tyres really hot and launch from a higher RPM.

I have got 2 step but find it hard to build boost on the line, it tends to bog down a bit. I think nos is the only way to do it but not sure if I want to go down that route.

Jamie suggested line lock, get the tyres really hot and launch from a higher RPM.

I would say the line lock is a must dude, what ECU do you run???

If you want to try getting it to launch I don't mind lending a hand a few bits can make it a lot stronger. I'll stop for a chat when I pop over to the upholsterer soon.

I would say the line lock is a must dude, what ECU do you run???

If you want to try getting it to launch I don't mind lending a hand a few bits can make it a lot stronger. I'll stop for a chat when I pop over to the upholsterer soon.

Thanks, really appreciated. :thumbs:

Just read this and watched the vid. Like all have said that is a serious bit of kit. Do you think its at capacity in terms of the chassis then? How much power/torque can the supra chassis take before it becomes unusable or unsafe?

The supra chassis does seem to be able to handle high power and torque very well. I have some bits on the car that strengthen the chassis as well.

With the solid diff mount I have, you can feel the car twist as the power comes in because the diff has no movement.

This is most noticable in 3rd gear as 1st and 2nd has some wheel spin but third just bites and grips.

4th and 5th are not so bad and you just get loads of thrust. :D

Traction is surprisingly good. :)

Just read this and watched the vid. Like all have said that is a serious bit of kit. Do you think its at capacity in terms of the chassis then? How much power/torque can the supra chassis take before it becomes unusable or unsafe?

My roll cage is going in next week and we are designing it to make the chassis of the car as stiff as possible to try and stop it twisting and running the 1/4 sideways:search: But I think the yanks are running 9's no problem without cages etc.

Video's can be so deceiving. When first watching that I though "That's quick, but my single wasn't that far off it".

Looked again at some my vids through 3-5th and the difference is simply huge.

Would love to see how it performs in 5th and 6th Lee, once you find a suitable track :D

Video's can be so deceiving. When first watching that I though "That's quick, but my single wasn't that far off it".

Looked again at some my vids through 3-5th and the difference is simply huge.

Would love to see how it performs in 5th and 6th Lee, once you find a suitable track :D

Hopefully If I can run at thunder road, I will get a camera mounted properly inside. :)