The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supradrome 2010 Planning options Poll

Tom S

Over Night Options  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Over Night Options

• Friday & Saturday in a Hotel (Private booking)(with function room and food)
    • Friday & Saturday in a Hotel (Group Booking)(with function room and food)
    • Friday Night Hotel & Saturday Night Camping
    • Friday & Saturday Camping (With Marquee & Club Bar / Food)
    • Friday & Saturday Camping (Bring your own)
    • Camping Location Billing Aquadrome
    • Camping Location Pod

Hi all,

As you all know Suprapod has been announced and after listening to a few suggestions we need to look already at the best option for all.

Last year was a great success and the night time event was a cheap enough night for all. The food and the bar worked well. We managed to have enough food, a fab cook (Ian Ian who I hope will be available again if needed) loads of friends and a special occasion.

I have read through the Pod thread and I know that we need to have name badges this year and I will be approaching a few traders for sponsorship in that side. Probably to the point of doing lanyards and badge holders, although visions of Burna with 5 badges with different names on comes back.

Will Steve Crane attend and will he bring the "Megaphone" well that will be a different story :eyebrows:

So I need you guys to tell me what you want to happen. I will add a Poll with a close date of February, as that leaves me with 6 months to put it all in to place. If I have missed anything please leave any suggestions or idea's in here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Tom :D

Billing camping - a little restrictive late noise/over protective parents

Pod camping - I've no experience of.

Hotels - I personally prefer comforts (getting old?)

Marque, club bar/food - A LOT of effort for the organisers and club expense, which sadly last year wasn't greatly attended. Cheaper for members though.

Bars/hotels - more expensive drinks/food, forced earlier to bed. (unless you get a great chap like the one at Birmingham Travel Lodge Xmas 2008 who'll see you through til dawn.)

So many pros and cons for each choice..

I'm a first timer, but drinking, camping, food at Pod sounds great, any other "entertainment" would be an added bonus. Voted.

Bob.

Bob,

no other entertainment........... We would have to Police it ourselves to ensure no idiots driving up the track drunk.. (nearly swore, which would have got me in trouble with Charlotte) ;)