The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new guy on the block

Guest matty360

Paul Whiffin will do a good single kit for around 8k i believe. Should be good for 550hp he might be the man to see if your going the single route. As said by Deathmonkey though dont rule out bpu as a first choice bpu is a vast improvement from stock you will be surprised by the difference in power.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest matty360

550bhp !! sweet well i may give them a ring then also something thats come to my attention earlier last night its ok having all the power but what about braking and the other things whats a good set for your running gear

550bhp !! sweet well i may give them a ring then also something thats come to my attention earlier last night its ok having all the power but what about braking and the other things whats a good set for your running gear

UK spec front and rear brakes at least if your going single and a good set of coil overs would be a start. Dont go any bigger than 18" wheels bigger than that and traction will be a real issue ive 19s on my bpu car and its tail happy to say the least. Check out the traders section Whifbitz have all details of their own single kit in it all the info should be to hand.

Unless you have another car (IMO) and are definitely intent on spending out all that money on going single immediately having other car experience then I'd opt for BPU, a decent brake setup (discs, calipers AND good pads), a good set of tyres and a full geometry setup. Possibly suspension too depending what you currently have.

Though, in saying all this, it depends what you plan on using the car for and how you drive it.

:)

just pricing some kits up there some good gear on whifbitz thinking of going with the t88 but then what internals would i need to replace if some would give a list on this thread or a personal message i could get on with it today

6spd manual my friend got a new clutch on the way for it 4-7 workin days

Hope you got a decent clutch Matty as you would to factor the clutch spec when going single.

Guest matty360

yea mate its a triple plate clutch the advert says quote "its ment to be abused again and again"

was goin to take some pictures today but the rain has kept me from this grrrr!!! sorry guys

Guest matty360

well guys thanks for all the info bin lookin at my funds and im goin single baby!! ill get pics up step by step ill be starting next week when my first parts come

Guest matty360

well monsween just depends how fast i can get the parts to me and gettin hem installed then ill take to a local tuners noble motorsport and get it set up