The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Salvage

Nic

I would prefer to just list the parts at the moment.

As I said in my post above some of the more obscure parts I will keep for people, but the more popular parts I will advertise and it will be first to confirm/pay that will get them. Those people who have expressed an interest I will try to give first refusal to, but I do not want to make promises at this stage.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Nic,

Any chance of getting the handle and all fitments from the passenger side A-pillar please?

When mine came over it had already snapped and been superglued back on, so I could really do with all the associated bits (i.e. the handle, the part that the handle attaches/slides onto and associated screws) if possible.

I can get pics if that helps you identify the exact part?

If you can get any also, I'll take any of those push fitting "gromets" - the ones where you need to push the middle bit in to release it.

I know thats not the right name but I cant remember the proper one :D

They can be located keeping the carpet pinned down in the boot when you drop the back seat, or at the front passenger well "pinning" the plastic trim down.

Jeez mate, they can't be all that expensive from Toyota, can they? You want Nic to get secondhand ones from a crashed car in Hong Kong and send them half way around the world? :confused:

:(

Well, I thought that if I was getting one thing off him already if he can (handle and fitments which are small) then I may as well ask for other stuff too that isnt too big to send, but what he could make a few quid on :confused: (if thats okay of course Nic? :)) Besides, wont they only go to scrap anyway if they arent taken? I could understand where you were coming from Jake if Id only asked for those fitments alone and nothing else, but I didnt????

Anyway, Ive removed the post now seeing as it bothers you that much :D

It doesn't bother me at all, Paul. I was just saying that those things are pennies. If I needed some of those I would just order them from Toyota and get 'em in a few days rather than bother another member and save myself less than a tenner.

Just seemed a bit odd to me. I'm sorry if it offended you. You can see my point though, surely?

Gah, sorry Jake. Bit of an overreaction.

And no offence taken at all mate :)

I can see your point actually; it does seem a long way around the world to send them, though I guessed as I was already getting a handle and fitments, then I didnt think it would ne an issue to throw a few of them in too - obviosuly Nic could make a few quid on them, Im not desperate for them and can (and have) done without (which is why I havent got any in the first place :) The ones Ive got arent totally knackered (hence the lack of urgency!!) so timesclae isnt/wasnt a problem! They were avaiable and not going to be used so I thought Id ask all the same.

Er, anyway I guess that'll just be the handle and associated fitments then please Nic :D

For all those that have pm'd me, I will be viewing the car tomorrow to see what parts are salvagable and get more details, until then there are a lot of questions I'm unable to answer.

As soon as I have all the details I will put together an advert detailing everyting that is available. Some of the bigger items such as exhausts, gearbox, engine I will need to look into the logistics of getting the items to the UK at a reasonable rate. It may work out that it is just not finacially viable to sell some of the parts but until I've worked out the costs involved I don'y know.

For now if anyone has any more requests for the more obscure items then let me know. The obvious parts I will be stripping anyway.

BTW. Incase some of you don't know I live in Hong Kong which is the reason for some of the concern about the size of some of the parts I can send.

1. Boot Blind

2. Gear Stick

3. LSD

4. Door Cards

5. 3rd brake Light - Zed

6. Carpets

7. Drivers Seat Belt

8. Electric aerial + motor *possibly*

9. OEM Rear Spats

10. Carpet

11. Exhaust

12. Boot carpet + steering wheel