The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alone at Christmas

supradibbs

I've been divorced for about 12 years. That has meant every birthday (19th December) and Xmas since has been alone. It has meant no Xmas day with my sons in all that time.

Strangely, I never once felt the need to post on the forum though. Must be a new phenomenon.

I've been divorced for about 12 years. That has meant every birthday (19th December) and Xmas since has been alone. It has meant no Xmas day with my sons in all that time.

Strangely, I never once felt the need to post on the forum though. Must be a new phenomenon.

sorry if my methods dont jive with you Colin, and i bow to the fact you are a greater man than me.

Dont you understand people deal with stuff in there own way am hurt devasted and alone right now and somehow talking on here is helping in a very small way.

sorry if my methods dont jive with you Colin, and i bow to the fact you are a greater man than me.

Dont you understand people deal with stuff in there own way am hurt devasted and alone right now and somehow talking on here is helping in a very small way.

It is not your methods that I question it is the fact that you are blatantly looking for support and sympathy and yet you were quite happy to put the husband through exactly the same thing without a second thought.

You talk of hurt and devastation, don't you think that is what he must have felt only much worse as he was the poor sap being cheated on.

I'm sorry fella but as far as I am concerned, you reap what you sow.

Apart from 1 Christmas back in 2000, I've spent the rest of them single, and recently the most contact with people I get is going to my parents for Christmas lunch, but it's OK, I get on with it, it can be a shock if you're not used to it, but it's only a day when the country closes down for a moment...

...it's only a day when the country closes down for a moment...

Closes down? Everything is open down here!

Wayne if I was you, I'd rally round a few lads and get on a night out! Pick up a few hot chicks and pound the night away. In the morning you will feel so good you will have forgotten why you was feeling sad. Like Colin says, someone is hurting a lot more than you. Right now it is better to put it in the past and move on as quick as you can. Understand this is more easier said than done but it is a move in the right direction. I always have a living which I go by and that is "No point crying over spilt milk" you need to work out a solution to the problem. An the answer is go out and quickly get another one! :)