The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iphone app advice

Matt H

you must get harbour master.....!!!!

Downloaded and it's great! :D

Matt is it worth creating a thread or updating the first page with what you have in post 65. The list of the application's with a small comment is brilliant! An I know we have quite a few iPhone users. Could you maybe add the below to the list?:

Will do :)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fed up with mine now!

My first one just decided never to turn on again after a few days.

My current one, deleted all my messages last month, then last night, went to charge it, and it just went all crazy.

Now it turns on to the apple logo but then dies again. Brilliant.

Are any of these common problems as i'm looking at getting a 3GS next month in place of my blackberry but i dont want to get one if they are known for going wrong?

I've never had an issue with my blackberry in 18 months but i'm just a little bored of it :)

Are any of these common problems as i'm looking at getting a 3GS next month in place of my blackberry but i dont want to get one if they are known for going wrong?

I've never had an issue with my blackberry in 18 months but i'm just a little bored of it :)

My 3G hasn't missed a beat since I got it last May. Anyone tinkering with the phones shouldn't complain when it goes wrong IMO.

I'll be honest -

I've had quite a few problems with mine, but a lot of people at work have them and don't seem to have any problems.

I definitely recommend them, other than reliability (for me at least!) they really are impressive.

Think it's something to do with the year I'm having, all going wrong so far! I must be due some good luck!!!

EDIT: I also had a problem where it wouldn't connect to iTunes, or update the software for a good few weeks, but that sorted itself out.

...can't even restore mine now, it's a good weapon to throw mind.

Well, after hours of trying, I've finally got it into 'recovery mode.' Here's hoping.

And I haven't tinkered with mine whatsoever... :blink:

Like I said before though, I just seem to have got a couple of bad examples, but eveyone else I know doesn't seem to have a problem. Check the iPhone support forums, like any phone they have their issues. iPhone issues seem to be power related mostly.

Fed up with mine now!

My first one just decided never to turn on again after a few days.

My current one, deleted all my messages last month, then last night, went to charge it, and it just went all crazy.

Now it turns on to the apple logo but then dies again. Brilliant.

That's a shitter.

I've had my iphone for about a month now. While it's not taken a bad turn like yours, it did decide to loose all sound until I turned it off and back on. That worried me for a bit!

That's a shitter.

I've had my iphone for about a month now. While it's not taken a bad turn like yours, it did decide to loose all sound until I turned it off and back on. That worried me for a bit!

Yeah, normally if something goes wrong, a quick off-on works a treat.

Recovery mode didn't work, looks like i'm iPhone-less for the time being then!

Ok, I know this is app advice, but I thought I'd post up my experience of the iPhone in the last 24 hours...

Ok, as stated, last night, my phone just decided to break on me, and it wasn't looking very good.

I phoned up god knows how many numbers and they all pretty said the same thing 'you'll need to take it to a o2 shop and get it fixed or replaced.'

Yeah right.

After getting fed up with the so called technical support people, I tried a few things myself, and I can happily say my iPhone is the same as it was last night!

I had a few issues trying to restore, but I was finally able to. And the restore feature is well impressive! All my contacts, messages and camera pictures were all restored, all I had to do was re-install all my apps (took minutes) and photos (again, minutes) and my iPhone save for the music is as was! (I know the music will take a long time, do that tomorrow!)

So all in all, I am now very happy with the phone! :). Bit of advice, try and connect your phone to iTunes and do a sync every day - the first sync of the day is where the backup is created. Oh, and don't listen to the technical help 'gurus' either, they have no idea what they're doing - clearly following a script infront of them. To be honest, it wasn't easy to restore, had a few issues, but if anyone does have a problem with it in the future, post it up here. :thumbs:

Well I got one, after playing with the girlfriends I couldnt resist. :D

So ive jailbreaked it, battery life im finding not a problem lasts day and half no problem. All apps i had installed before I have done so, with it being my own got more adventurous.

I'm not sure If i should post it in this thread or create new thread...or any thread at all, but I could post how to get the app store paid apps for free on a jailbroken phone?!?

Na those ones fine, its the ones like GTA at £7 when I will probably play it once or Tom Tom which is what I really wanted at £50!!! :D

£7! That's steep. Tom Tom would be good, altough I do have a sat nav already. Can't believe you can actually get Tom Tom for free.

I brought Co-Pilot for my iPhone 3GS for £26, thought it might be a wise investment as if I sell my fone it would bump up the price for having navigation software. Co-Pilot works brilliantly BTW!

So co-pilot is worth getting? Was looking to get it rather than buying £50 for tom tom :p

Dek.

So co-pilot is worth getting? Was looking to get it rather than buying £50 for tom tom :p

Dek.

Yep! I think it is worth it! Not the same layout\setup as TomTom but very similar & the best thing is as soon as you load the application (3 seconds) it takes about 5 seconds to pick up the GPS signal! Go YouTube and you should be able to find a few video's comparing them.

• 1 month later...