Matt H

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just Dance 3 (Autodance) is a free app, and what an app!

You take 4 short videos of just about anything, and the app converts it into a 30 second hilarious dance routine.

There are only 3 tracks to choose from, and unless you 'share' it on YouTube or Facepants, you can't save it.

Very funny indeed. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Just to let you folks know....

iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1 can now be untethered jailbreak. I have just done my iPad2 with greenposi0n without any issues.

Might be old news... Jan time... But thought I would mention it

Old news but always worth mentioning! Lets get this thread up and running again - Must be some new good app's that we are all missing.

Those that havent got Water? are missing out, great game!!

• 1 month later...
Been playing a neat little game.

Its called Plague inc.

You basically have to wipe out the human population with a disease of your making! Quite a challenging game as well!!

I'll check it out. Sounds cool.

Who said unbridled misanthropy couldn't be epic fun too?!! :sly:

Uplink is quite good :)

Pinball Dreams HD is an amazing port from the Amiga, we need more retro games like this :thumbs:

djay is without doubt the best of the mixing apps available, you can also use a splitter cable to cue up properly and have separate output.

Retro Racing and SimCity DLX HD are also worth a look ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those of us with a pc and not a mac or apple tv, i was looking for a way of streaming videos and music to my ipad via wifi..

After trying a few I found airvideo.

You install the app on the ipad, a server client on your pc and you will need itunes installed (but dont need to use it). Set the server up with port forwarding etc and set the server ip address on the ipad and away you go!

Videos can be converted on the fly so they work on the ipad and music must be in a recognised format, ie mp4 but it work brilliantly! I can now watch my films in bed!

• 2 weeks later...
For those with a jailbroken ipad...

Download moviebox from cydia.

Lets you stream or download to watch later loads of films for free.

Thanks, seems to work well.

I have downloaded sleep depriver to go with it.

Recommendations:

Farm frenzy 3

The last driver

Stand o foods 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another usefull app for you all.

You can now use your ipad as a secondary display for your pc and mac!

Install idisplay on the ipad and a small client on the pc and away you go! Works very well BUT is a little processor hungry. Tried it on my work P4 computer and whilst it was ok and worked well, it chewed about 54 in the processes tab under task manager which caused general slow down.

Those with a decent computer may benefit from this if you want another display. I was running it as a third display and you can set its location under settings and from what i can read you can have multiple devices as displays.

Definately an app that is worth watching!

• 10 months later...

Dark Sky is excellent for highly accurate short-term radar weather forecasting.

It gives you a one hour localised forecast based on actual cloud imagery and will be very useful tonight and tomorrow, particularly for those in the southwest and southern England.

Also here's the banner ad for The Met Office iPhone and Android apps, though I haven't tried them myself; http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/services/weather