The mkiv Supra Owners Club

iphone app advice

Matt H

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm i'm having a problem syncing ringtones with itunes, is there a limit? I've got 3 synced fine, it won't locate a 4th even though it's in the same directory, is m4r and plays fine in itunes? Same size and length as the others too?

I have 147 ringtones currently sync'd so unsure on that one. Corrupt playlist or m4r file? redo it?

The Mrs got me a 3GS for Christmas. I can't get it to work with gmail though. I've been trying for hours but I'm not really sure what I need to do. Its very frustrating.

Try setting it up as a Microsoft Exchange account.

Instructions here.

As for an idiots guide Jon, there really isn't one as such. Some kind of tech-savvy /geekery is required. Have a read here though.

If one wants to stay 'legal' then one just uses the iTunes store for apps. This whole jailbreaking thing is probably unnecessary for most people.

So, tell me about this JailBreaking then guys. I have a new non-contract 3GS which I'd like to run TomTom on - but I'm not willing to pay £60 for it, that's a piss-take price, IMO.

I know I can get TomTom for the iPhone from binary newsgroups, but I'd need to jailbreak the phone before I could install the downloaded TomTom - right?

Is having it Jailbroken (Jailbraked? Jailbroke?) going to cause any problems when I connect the phone to iTunes and/or buy other (sensibly priced) legit Apps?

Thanks

So, tell me about this JailBreaking then guys. I have a new non-contract 3GS which I'd like to run TomTom on - but I'm not willing to pay £60 for it, that's a piss-take price, IMO.

I know I can get TomTom for the iPhone from binary newsgroups, but I'd need to jailbreak the phone before I could install the downloaded TomTom - right?

Is having it Jailbroken (Jailbraked? Jailbroke?) going to cause any problems when I connect the phone to iTunes and/or buy other (sensibly priced) legit Apps?

Thanks

As long as you don't brick the phone you'll have no issues and a shed load of apps. :)

I hear they work just fine with both pirated software and legitimate software. :innocent:

Let me know if you are... I am giving my 2G to my little sister & the other one wants one so I am on the look out.

I will let you know mate. Although I would want about £330 for it as it's a black 16GB factory unlocked (i.e. officially unlocked) which I have since jailbroken, comes boxed with two docking stations and a car cradle + charger.

Don't forget guys about the 12 days of Christmas app on the app store. A free song/show/app each day from 26th-6th. Yesterday was a snow patrol song and today appears to be an alan partridge show. Don't have to download any of it but if anything nice does come up at least it's free :)

Thanks

Last i knew is that you have to rollback to the older firmware and itunes will keep wanting you to upgrade to the 3.1.2 or whatever it is. Not sure what happens if you upgrade - whether it negates the jailbreak, freezes the phone permanently or anything else