fancy a supra but not sure.....

Amar

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

loll sorry fellas. yes, i did pick it up in the end and it seems to be running ok, few lil niggles like the alarm playin up, it seems so smoke alot? and the speakers sound crap. other then that, its pukka!:)

I will post some pictures up once ive given it a good clean and borrowed the other halfs camera! in the mean time i have a few questions regarding the stereo if anybody would like to comment. cheers!

perhaps its steam rather than smoke which would be understandable at this time of year.

well thats what i thought but it cant be because its kept in the garage everynight so not as if its that cold...plus even when the engine is up to temp it still smokes abit. it does go eventually i think (bro was following be in his car from bham to nuneaton and he cant remember if it does or not) but it takes a good 30mins to go. is this normal? im just bit concerned, my audi didnt smoke at all even in winter.

as for the link to the car it shud be on the start of this thread but might not open as it was off pistonheads. ill take a few picks 2morrow when i go out...be warned...its pretty dutty!

If the smoke eventually clears, if it is smoke ofcourse is more than likely valve stem seals, if done with the head on your looking at around £500 labour + the seals and any other parts or fluids required.

If it takes 30 mins to clear and its the stem seals then there scrap and should be replaced, mine didnt smoke that much but when the seals were removed they had gone very brittle and def needed changing.

Guest MoeBlunt
:blink:

learn how to read a thread before you go all mental on the keyboard

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2615344&postcount=55

:blink:

I know how to read a thread otherwise i wouldn't have posted a reply! lol

white smoke could be normal but if it is excessive it could be head gasket failure?

if your valve seals were gone, you would get a bluish smoke that will smell like burning oil!

Edited by MoeBlunt (see edit history)

it does waft about abit..i think the best thing to do would be to post a video of it tomorrow. will be fresh out the garage...hasnt been outside for 2days and it hasnt been snowing or been severely cold or anything...see how it goes. how easy is it to upload a video file on here??

It will be very hard to tell from a video but post away youve got nothing to lose.

I think your barking mad buying one of these cars with no history but hope its nothing serious and is just condensation in the exhaust but if its the same each day then i cant see it being that.

You could get a sniff test done on the coolant which would prove or dissprove head gasket failure, very easy to do and cheap.

When you start the car from cold if it has leaking stem seals you should be able to smell the burnt oil in the smoke from the exhaust.