The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Show off your dogs

supradibbs

Mods, please I beg of you to close this thread, it's making me want to stuff it and go out and buy a dog. I've grown up with them so it's strange not having one, I love them but it would be so unfair as I work all day.

+1 Especially pictures of Staffs.

Our Staff died 16 years ago (then a change of job made it difficult to have a dog), and I still miss the old sod.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=100136&d=1256040559

(Only pic I have in electronic format)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You said you felt "restricted" - i was hoping that we were on the same page, seems we are!!!

I always found cats to be grumpy sods who p!ss off out all day and pop back for dinner then off again!

Their not all grumpy Jamsey, but they can live a blooming long time:rolleyes: mine "Bruno" is now 24 years old and eats like you wouldn't believe due to an over active thyroid[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

And then there's the house rabbit "mrs eastern" she just thinks its ok to eat the house....i swear i go to work just to pay for the animals:protest:

Love the look of yours nic, bit like mine but with less hair......hmmm that's sounds a bit dodgy when i read it back:d

Well I've never seen a cross of those two breeds in person but we had a retriever when I was a nipper for a few months :taped: and a couple up the road from me breed champion labradors (of which I'm not a massive fan) but I love the look of yours.

I love labs they are very loyal, intelligent and friendly, this is Raven my parents 2nd black lab.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1183/dsc00240q.jpg

Their not all grumpy Jamsey, but they can live a blooming long time:rolleyes: mine "Bruno" is now 24 years old and eats like you wouldn't believe due to an over active thyroid[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Yeah my misses's parents' cat Luigi lived til 18 but i must say he looked 18 at the end of it poor little thing!!!!!

I quite fancy a GSD at some point. I think I'd want a working bred one though rather than a show breed.

If you want one with some mobility and not the angulation of a broken Meccano set, definitely! The police and army are struggling to find sound specimens these days. Quite why breeds with well known skeletal issues aren't made to show an independent hip score and elbow score before being allowed to be shown and bred from commercially I don't know.

If you want one with some mobility and not the angulation of a broken Meccano set, definitely! The police and army are struggling to find sound specimens these days. Quite why breeds with well known skeletal issues aren't made to show an independent hip score and elbow score before being allowed to be shown and bred from commercially I don't know.

I saw one walking down the road the other day that looked like he was permanently just about to do a poo!! Doesn't look attractive IMO.

I think they're using Belgian shepherds a lot more now due to these reasons.

The Germans are still breeding Schutzhund dogs that aren't crippled.

exactly ;)

Aproach with care :( We had one a few years back that suffered from 'separation anxiety' according to our vet. Poor little sod used to fret constantly when knowing we were going out, in the end we rehomed him as it wasnt fair, he had two other dogs as company, but needed constant human company,

A trate that is quite often seen in these dogs apparantly (according to dog therapist) :blink:

Aproach with care :( We had one a few years back that suffered from 'separation anxiety' according to our vet. Poor little sod used to fret constantly when knowing we were going out, in the end we rehomed him as it wasnt fair, he had two other dogs as company, but needed constant human company,

A trate that is quite often seen in these dogs apparantly (according to dog therapist) :blink:

Interesting to know mate, thanx.

Our beagle charlie has seperation issues but with our other dog bella, not with us!!!

If we take bella to the vets or anything without him he freaks out majorly!

I am swaying more towards bulldog or boxer ....... Or maybe both?if they are suitable together? :search:

All dogs can yes, I believe some breeds can tend to be more sensitive than others though.

Exactly, and the weimeraner tends to be just that, he was a stunning dog and perfect in every way just very stressy.

Even though we did everything right he just couldnt adapt, different breeds etc behave differently, same as different horse breeds i guess

(i accidently posted on 'the punishers account) :)