The mkiv Supra Owners Club

230 miles per tank....normal....?

kill1308

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GT twinturbo
500 miles? That's unbelievable, Jspec too?

Just going by the 161, unless it was a UK converted.

Yepp Jspec:)

I was impress to.:)

but I did everything to get a small consumption.:innocent:

Probably no help,but for the record.Jspec n/a 160+ miles per half a tank (can't bear to fill a full tank, makes me shudder!!).Mostly motorway driving and being an old man not flooring it (very often !).Actually if your running an n/a can I recommend adding half a bottle of Redex injector cleaner per fill up £4 and its as good as vpower.Try it, works on mine

Well i replaced my O2 sensor and i only get 200 miles per tank.... town use Foot down burts here and there...

How ever motorway driving i will get more!!

I've studied this thread and I've think I've managed to isolate the problem for you.

In fact, I've bolded it :D

In all seriousness, the right foot has a lot to answer for re; mpg - By the looks of it, my TT can do a lot more mpg than your Supe.

I think it's really worth trying to really drive for a week/tank of fuel without gunning it, and then see what your figures are :)

And behave yourself with the right foot.

Btw, after this careful scientific test has been carried out, then by all means fill your boots and drain the tank asap.

Edited by Lbm (see edit history)

I might try that. It's really hard not to put the foot down at times. Radio off, turbos spooling. It's relaxing. But I just had a look at all the stuff I'd have do disconect to remove the turbo heat shield to get at the o2 sensors and i'm not at all confident at doing it untill I learn what does what...

• 7 years later...

Just did a round trip to London (Finsby Park on Saturday for above and beyond:) ) from Newcastle via A1/M1 it was just over 600 miles, and I filled up a full tank of v-power shell. The tank cost £105 to fill up and I needed to re fill at Washington services on the way back so I’m looking at 580 miles to a tank. That was 70% cruise control and 30% hard pulls had a few bits of fun with some nice cars on the way down. ( didn’t see 1 supra though shame :( ) I think this was ok? What yous think?? I’ve never changed the o2 sensosors ever! Can it be better that that?

Thanks shareef

I got 400 on a long journey (driving down for japfest). I always hit 300 on normal driving.

Just did a round trip to London (Finsby Park on Saturday for above and beyond:) ) from Newcastle via A1/M1 it was just over 600 miles, and I filled up a full tank of v-power shell. The tank cost £105 to fill up and I needed to re fill at Washington services on the way back so I’m looking at 580 miles to a tank. That was 70% cruise control and 30% hard pulls had a few bits of fun with some nice cars on the way down. ( didn’t see 1 supra though shame :( ) I think this was ok? What yous think?? I’ve never changed the o2 sensosors ever! Can it be better that that?

Thanks shareef

34mpg fantastic cruise must been set below 60mph?

34mpg fantastic cruise must been set below 60mph?

It was set to 70mph on the clocks so maybe it actually was doing 65mph give or take as Iam sure the speedo is not bang on accurate. I mate it’s canny good night change the o2 sensor see if it makes a difference. Like I said I’ve not change since I bought the car.

It was set to 70mph on the clocks so maybe it actually was doing 65mph give or take as Iam sure the speedo is not bang on accurate. I mate it’s canny good night change the o2 sensor see if it makes a difference. Like I said I’ve not change since I bought the car.

You be mad to change sensors with that mpg.

You be mad to change sensors with that mpg. What mileage is on your UK supra

You be mad to change sensors with that mpg. What mileage is on your UK supra

150k mate, haha I may even get better results :) it has got really good service history with Toyota and only had 2 owners before me! And since I’ve had her I’ve serviced it every 6 months with all the usually.